CHAPTER 8

WHAT CASSANDRA DIDN'T KNOW as both of them fell asleep in each other's arms, strands of her hair slowly turned white, like Addison's.

"Cassie, Cassie, wake up," Wynter yelled, making me jerk up from where I was laying.

"Cassie, your hair is white!" Wynter pointed out as I look at her confused. I made a mirror pop out of nowhere and checked my hair to be white, "What the...?"

"How did this?" I looked at Wynter, and she shrugged, knowing nothing too. I look around to see the sun rising up, Wynter, and a little boy standing just beside me. I looked over to where Wyatt was laying last night, but he wasn't there, "Where's Wyatt?"

"Just follow us. Oh, and this is West," Wynter said, mentioning to the little kid as I afford a small smile, still sleepy.

"I think I need to change first," I said as Wynter nodded, I stood up and started to twirl around as I cast a spell. The jeans and top I wore changed into a pair of black skirt and a purple tube top with a black leather jacket, black stockings, and black boots, "Whoa."

"I didn't know you could do that," Wynter said as she looked at my outfit, amazed. But she furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at my hair, then smiled, saying, "Let me do your hair."

"West, can you go get my brush and elastics?" West nodded and went back to the den to get what Wynter needed as she brushed my hair with her hand, "Ah, thank you, West!"

"And there you go," Wynter said as we both stood up from the ground, I twirled around as I felt my hair flutter a bit with the wind, "Wynter, what's taking so—"

"Whoa," I smiled at Wyatt as he looked at me, he gave a chuckle as he went closer to me, "You look beautiful."

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes, pushing him playfully as Wynter scolded herself for forgetting her task, "Bad wolf, bad wolf."

"Why didn't you remind me?" Wynter asked the kid, West as he just shrugs his shoulders. Wyatt rolled his eyes and put his hand around my waist as he said, "Shall we go?"

"We shall," I said. Willa went out to us, rolling her eyes as she said, "Cut it out you two!"

"Let's go, Wynter! West, go back to the den," Willa declared as the little pup nodded and went back into the cave. The wolves and I, well, my pack and I went to school, planning how to take the moonstone. Of course, I was a part of it now because they're my pack, and if dad destroys the moonstone, meaning I would lose my powers.

~

"Cassandra, what happened to you? And your hair!" Bucky asked me, coming in front of me with the Laceys. I looked around the halls to see everybody looking at me with strange looks.

"I'm one of them now," I said, pointing to the wolves behind me. Bucky raised a brow at me and laughed, "You're no werewolf, Cassie! You're a witch!"

"Part witch and part wolf," I said, smiling proudly as I looked at Wyatt beside me. I rolled my eyes at Bucky and said, "Now, excuse me."

"I'm gonna look for my sister," I said as I walk past them with the wolves snarling at them.

"You guys go, I'll find my sister," I said as Willa nodded, letting me go look for my sister who was by her locker.

"Addie," I said, startling her with my look. She gave me a confused look and asked, "What happened to you? And your hair?"

"I know, right? And I remember who I am, Addison. My name was Willow Jinx, the daughter of the wolves' former Alpha, making me part of their pack," I said as she looked at me, frowning, "You found your pack, Cassie."

"Hey, whether you're a wolf or not, you'll always be my sister, Addie," I said, wrapping my hands around her neck as I ruffled her hair, playfully.

"This means you allow me to wear the necklace, right?" I nod and smiled at her as she smiled widely, engulfing me in a big hug, "Thanks, Cassie."

"So, anything happens between you and wolf boy?" I rolled my eyes as she smirked at me, "We kissed, but he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet."

"Just kiss?" She said, earning a playful punch from me as we both laughed, not caring if other people looked at us weirdly.

"Addison!" Addison and I both looked around to see Zed, running toward us. He looked at me weirdly and said, "For the last time! I'm a part wolf. And I don't know what happened to my hair."

"Makes sense, you always growl at me when you're mad," Zed said as I hissed at him. Shaking his head, coming back to his senses and looked at Addison, "I was up all night thinking."

"You're not a werewolf, you can't be," Zed said, shaking his head as Addison protested, "But I love moonlight strolls."

"Yeah, you like sunsets too. That doesn't mean you're a vampire," Zed pointed out as Addison sighed, "Zed..."

"Look, It's really hard being considered a monster," Zed said, sadly as I frowned at Addison, saying, "Trust me. It is hard."

"All I've ever wanted is to find my pack. And now I finally have. When I see the wolves. I'm going to put this on," Addison took out the box and opened it, showing Zed the moonstone necklace as Zed frowned, "And I'm really sorry I can't make the debate, but I need to find the wolves."

"Good luck." Addison and I both said as we started to leave, but Addison stopped me and turned back to say, "Whoops, almost forgot."

"You'll do great, Zed," She said, kissing him on the cheek as she took the box from Zed. Both of us went to find the wolves.

~

"It's a good plan, Willa."

"What plan?" The wolves turned as Addison asked. Wynter opened her mouth to answer, "We're going after the moonstone."

"Top secret. You can't tell anyone," Wynter said, soon realizing what she said, "Bad wolf, bad wolf!"

"You're going after the moonstone now?" I asked in disbelief as I went closer to Wyatt, showing him a look of concern, "It won't survive the detonation."

"I'm joining you," Wyatt shook his head no, pulling out a silver cuff as he hissed in pain, he put it on me despite the burn he was feeling and cuffed me on a nearby chair, "You are not joining us, Cassandra."

"I don't want you getting hurt," He said, I shook my head no and looked at his palms to see it was bleeding a bit, "I wasn't volunteering, Wyatt."

"I'm part of your pack, I have to help," He shook his head no as Addison announced to them, "I'm ready to become a wolf."

"If you really are one," Willa snickered as I rolled my eyes, letting out a scoff as I sat on the chair Wyatt cuffed me with, "I hate you."

"Love you too, Cassie," He said, leaving a kiss on my cheek as he went back to Willa's side, giving me a wink.

"It's gone," Addison said, looking confused as the wolves got mad at her for losing it, "You lost it?"

"Do you know how precious a moonstone necklace is? If she was serious about being a wolf or the Great Alpha," Willa yelled, "she wouldn't have been so careless."

"I don't know how!" Addison exclaimed as I let out a growl, yelling at them, "Addison never loose things, she had the necklace a while ago!"

"Someone must've stolen it," I pointed out as Willa ignored me, still glaring at Addison, "Still, it's gone now."

"Stay out of our amazing hair," Willa said as they left, not before Wyatt gave me another playful wink. I rolled my eyes as Addison sat beside me. I wrapped my arm around her as she leaned toward me.

"We'll find it, Addie."