Always and Forever

Jane's P.O.V

Today is the day.  It's been about a month since what recently happened and I still can't believe that it did.  But, today is the day I, Jane Smith, am marrying the Doctor.  I double check what I look like and it still feels like a dream.

  I double check what I look like and it still feels like a dream

I jump as someone knocks on the door

I jump as someone knocks on the door.  "You ready?" Jack asks walking in.  "Yeah," I say turning towards him with a shy smile.  "Wow, you look absolutely beautiful," he says.  "Thank you," I say feeling myself blush.  He offers me his arm and we get ready to walk down the isle.  Jack offered to give me away since my father is gone and I was more than happy to have him with me.  We get towards the door and I can hear the violins playing Paradise by Coldplay.  I take a deep breath seeing the Doctor standing up there in his tux.  And no it's not the bad luck one.  The next thing I know I'm standing there looking up into his eyes.  Martha clears her voice and Jack runs up to marry us.  "Hello, everyone.  This is truly a day that I don't think any of us that know the Doctor thought would happen.  Him finding the love of his life".  We both laugh and smile.  "Ok kids let's get this going and make it official.  Dear friends, marriage is a spiritual relationship-a covenant of heart and soul.  Marriage is not to be entered lightly, but is to be understood by all as a lifelong connection of two lives, two or I guess in this case three hearts, two fortunes and two futures.  Do each of you enter this union freely?"  "We do," we both say.  "Are you prepared to accept both the rights and responsibilities of married life?"  "We are".  "Is it your intention to support, honor, defend and uphold one another in all circumstances?"  "Yes".  "Now for the vows." 

 I look into the Doctor's eyes and bite my lip.  "Doctor, I know we only met a year ago but it feels like I've known you my whole life.  From day one you were there to love me, comfort me and protect me.  Heck, you already knew me and took the chance to find me so that I could fall in love with you.  You took a leap of faith.  And now it's my turn.  To be the one that loves you, comforts you and protects you.  I cannot wait one more minute to start our adventure together".  "Jane Smith, my Jane.  It's true that I already loved you and knew you when you first met me.  You have been there for me since the beginning and I needed to find you and make you mine.  I knew you told me that we met and fell in love but, I couldn't wait a moment longer to find you.  All my life I've been running and trying not to get to attached to anyone in fear of losing them.  But you, you Jane Smith are worth it.  I promise to never run and to always love you".  

We look over to Jack and see him crying.  "And now for the exchange of rings".  "I Doctor, give you, Jane Smith, this ring as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you.  In all times, in all places, and in all ways, forever".  "I Jane Smith, give you, Doctor, this ring as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you.  In all times, in all places, and in all ways, forever," I say sliding his ring on his finger.

"And now it is time for me to declare you married.  From today your family, friends, community, and indeed the whole world, will know you as co-travellers through life, adventurers, and soul-mates.  Now kiss her dammit!"  We laugh and the Doctor gently grabs my chin and we lean in and kiss.  Our small group of friends we've met clap.  We pull away and look into each others eyes.  

After having dinner and a few toasts it's time for our first dance.  

Even though it's not the slowest wedding song we loved what it meant.  And know that it's true to our situation.  We dance and laugh and invite everyone else to come and join us.  Since it was a small gathering of close friends the night went by very quickly.  We made our way to the TARDIS and left.  He carries me to his, well I guess it's now our room.  I kick off my heels and we both fall onto the bed laughing.  "Hi," I say looking at him.  "Hi," he says.  We kiss and well, you know what happens next...

I lay my head on his chest and just smile.  He kisses the top of my head.  "Doctor."  "Yes, love?"  "I love you," I say.  He laughs.  "I love you too," he says kissing my lips.  I start to drift off to sleep and feel at home for the first time in a long time.