Chapter 5

I had been running for a while now. Dodging fire balls and hiding between houses. I was heading to the forest when I saw a cabin near the tree line. 'That's were the pig said the tavern would be. If I can get there, I might have a chance of hiding.' I started to head over there.

As I pass the cabin, a purple light overtakes my vision. Another memory? No, this was diffrent.

"Rosco, Basla, Melcito." A female voice chanted.

No...this can't be real.

How did a human get a goddess amber?

Dark purple lines come off me in waves in the direction of the purple gem. I look and see that The blond haired kid from the festival was there as well, standing in front of a girl with light blue hair.

As I look closer the same thing is happening to him too. Is he a demon?

Our Bodies start to fade as we're sucked into the amber. My bag dropped to the floor as my vision faded to black.

-Inside the goddess amber-

Darkness surrounded me. Normally this would be comforting, but this time it was cold. Icy cold. Too cold to move.

Paralysed in place, I heard a small child laughing.

They were splashing in the water that surrounded me. Long red hair framed its small face, dressed in a black robe that was damp at the bottom. It stumbled towards me.

Taking a closer look I realised that it was a small girl. She looked up and smiled so bright that all my troubles seemed to fade away. I crouch down and pat her head. We hold hands as I lead her into the woods.

We walk across the green grass that coats the floor of the woods. Eventually reaching a cottage that is built around a large tree. It looks like home.

As we enter I see a little kitchen filled with different stuff used to cook with. A dining table that was laid ready for a nice roast dinner. A living room with a sofa covered in blankets and pillows. And a set of wooden stairs, probably towards the bedrooms.

The small child put away her cloak on a chair to dry. I did the same with my dark blue one.

We both set to work as I taught her the recipe we were following. I then put the food into the oven and set a timer.

I then walk to a cupboard and tell the small child to sit down and cover her eyes. I opened the door and pulled out a cake.

I then placed it in front of her and counted to five.

The cake had the number 406 iced onto it using black icing. With red frosting layering the outline. It had a singular black candle in the centre.

As I finished counting, the child uncovered her eyes. Smiling that same bright smile, I began to sing happy birthday in the calming tune that a mother would use to sing a lullaby to her baby.

She then blew out the candles and cheered. As a present I said she could could go outside by herself as she was old enough now.

I put her coat on her and kissed her forehead. She then ran out the door laughing in joy.

-The Child's POV-

Momma had let me go outside by my self today. Its her present to me because I now 406 years old. I love her.

Skipping through the woods I had reached the line where I couldn't pass. She said it was to protect me.

As I looked up at a child on the other side of the line. He waved at me and ran off, I followed him. Wanting to talk to another child. Even if I'm 400 years older then him.