Chapter Twenty Two

This is not a happy chapter I can promise you that. I did give a very happy ending though.

TW: Homophobic words, memories of abuse, scars, Sebastian in general

Virgils POV

"We're here to take Virgil home."

No. No. No.

This had to be some sort of a nightmare.

My ears filled with the buzz of panic and fear after Sebastian words, making every part of me feel heavy and weighted down. At some point I had backed up so I was pressed up against Romans chest, but I hardly took notice.

It had felt like forever since I had seen Sebastian, and yet no time at all. I could still feel his grip around my neck and his foot smashing into my stomach. 

Why isn't he in New York?

"I..." Logan, who had moved to move between me and Roman and my old foster parents, glanced back at us. "I don't believe that will be possible."

Sebastian's grey eyes were cold as ice behind his bright smile. It was a look I recognized easily, he had it whenever something I did made him angry but there were people around. The look that said 'I'm going to beat the shit out of you when we get out of here'.

"What do you mean?" Sebastian asked, not taking his eyes off me. "My wife and I crossed the country to find him, so I'll really have to insist."

I started to shake. It felt like he had triggered a magnitude 10 earthquake that only affected me, my entire body trembling.

"V?" Roman said lowly to me, his arm wrapped around my shoulder. When had that gotten there? "Are you okay?"

I physically couldn't tear my eyes from Susan and Sebastian standing at the door, as if I was scared that they'd pounce the second I turned my back to them. My voice wouldn't work either. I wanted to tell Roman to get them away from us, but the words wouldn't come out. All I could do was shake my head.

"Who exactly are you? And why are you with our Virgil?" Susan spoke up to ask.

"My name is Logan. I am a friend of his." Logan answered cooly, smoothly dodging her second question. He was more levelheaded than I could've conceived in that situation.

Logan glanced back at me quickly and must've seen the pure fear in my eyes, because he stood more firmly between them and me.

"Well I hope for your sake that you didn't help him run away from us. When Virgil comes back with us he'll be lucky to stay out of juvie." Susan said with crossed arms, looking down at Logan the way she looked at all kids that weren't her own devil spawn.

I'd choose juvie over ever living with either of you again  I wanted to say, but my vocal cords still wouldn't cooperate.

"Look we don't want any trouble. Can we come in?" Sebastian asked, but he took a step inside without waiting for an answer.

I pushed back violently and grabbed wildly at Romans arm in fear, silently begging him to not let my old foster parents any further. 

Roman please please get them out of here. I'm begging you.

My chest was rising and falling rapidly pushing me to the verge of a full blown panic attack. At my reaction, Roman looked down at me concerned and Logan stepped in front of Sebastian, cutting him off.

Roman and Logan both looked at me then at each other, exchanging a look.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Roman decided slowly. The vibrations of his chest were somewhat comforting.