Chapter Ten

Virgils POV

My head shot up to look at Roman and Logan. They were standing by a bulletin board, reading a flyer.

"W-what?" I asked. I had hoped no one would ever call me that ever again.

"Look at this." Logan said. I walked up to the board and grabbed the paper they were looking at. My eyes widened in dread as I read the words.

One of my school photos from last year was printed on it with the word 'Missing' above it in bold font. The words under it said:

'Missing- 15 year old Virgil Morgenstern

Last seen at Queens Village bus station heading East

If seen, call authorities or his father Sebastian Morgenstern at 917-716-9364'

I just stared at the paper I was holding, my hands were shaking.

No, Morgenstern was not secretly my last name. I knew that this flyer was just Sebastian taunting me. To me, saying that I had the same last name as that asshole was his way of telling me that I basically belong to him, that I couldn't escape him.

Also, printing on that poster that he was my father? Really? My real father may be a deadbeat and the literal ruler of the Underworld, but I'd take him over Sebastian a million times with no hesitation.

I wouldn't let myself have another panic attack. Not in front of Roman. So I steeled myself and crushed the paper in my fist.

I looked around the room and noticed that multiple copies of this stupid flyer were pinned up all around. Sebastian really came all the way to Manhattan to spread these around? I roughly shoved the crumpled up paper into the nearest trash can and pulled my hood over my head.

"Come on." I mumbled, walking towards the doors leading to the platforms. "We're gonna be late."

"Wait, are we seriously not going to talk about this?" Roman asked incredulously as he and Logan followed me up the stairwell to the train platforms.

"Nope."

I pushed the doors open with my hands still stuck firmly in my pockets.

"But Virgil-" Roman tried, but I really did not want to talk about it.

"Drop it, Garcia." I snapped. He went quiet but I could tell he was having a silent conversation with Logan behind me.

I handed our tickets to the staff member standing by the doors and stepped into the train. I dropped down heavily in to a window seat and placed my bag on the seat next to me because I couldn't deal with my friend's questions.

I turned and stared out the window as we began to move out of the station, contemplating just how messed up my goddamn life is.

I cursed under my breath as I wiped a stray tear off my face quickly, hoping no one saw it.

Logans POV

I definitely saw Virgil wipe away a tear on his cheek.

This isn't good. Feelings are the figurative bane of my existence, I'm not equipped to lighten anyones emotional state.

Feelings are always Patton's department, not mine. I had to force myself to stop thinking about my boyfriend and focus on the task at hand since every time I thought of him since he had been taken, a dull ache would echo through my body.

I looked to Roman for assistance but he had taken a small compact mirror out of his bag and was picking at his makeup while looking into it.

I sighed, knowing that he wouldn't be any help in this current situation. I turned back to Virgil, who was facing away from me, and began to search for some kind of way to start conversing with him. Eventually I spotted something I could actually talk about.