Chapter Nine

Art by my wonderful friend Hannah <3

TW: Abuse, scars and blood

I had to actually rhyme in this chapter. The struggle.

Logans POV

It hurt more than I thought it would to say those five words.

My mind was reeling. How could Patton just be gone? Why would anyone want to take him? He didn't do anything wrong!

"Wait, WHAT?" Virgil looked shell shocked. "By who?"

I shook my head and continued tugging him by the arm towards the campfire pit.

"I'm not sure." I answered. "One second he was there and the next..."

I trailed off before I got too choked up. Emotional had never been a word to describe me, in fact, most people use the word robotic. But once I met Patton, he had been able to make me feel things I hadn't felt in years. (an- keep your thoughts pg everyone. they're only 15 you heathens)

Needless to say, Patton means a lot to me. He's probably the most important person in my life.

"Why'd you come get me? Is there anything I can do to help?"

I didn't want to tell him that I was worried that all my friends had disappeared like Patton had, so I just said

"Chiron wants all the campers in one place so he can assign areas to search." And it wasn't really a lie, since those were Chirons intentions.

I just left out the part about how I sprinted to Virgils cabin to get him before I had to fight Roman over who would reach him first.

Speaking of Roman...

"Virgil!" The son of Aphrodite called as he navigated through the crowd. "Logan!"

He pulled us both into tight hugs when he got close enough. I'm not much for physical contact but to my understanding, embraces might help Roman cope with his distress so I wrapped my arms around him in return.

Roman pulled away and I straightened my glasses. I noticed that Virgils face had gone a noticeable shade of red. Perhaps he had developed a fever.

"Come on, let's grab a seat." Roman pulled us over to one of the empty benches surrounding the unlit fire. Glowing embers were mixed in with grey ashes.

After a few minutes, Chiron began to address the crowd with a grim expression.

"I'll have to cut right to the chase. Patton Morales is missing."

The night air rang with exclamations of surprise and horror.

"Actually, Chiron," I stood up. "I have reason to believe that he was taken, rather than simply missing."

The surrounding campers went quiet.

"Why do you think that, Logan?"

I walked over to where Chiron was standing so I was sure that I would have everyone's attention.

"I was there when it happened and in my opinion, a search of the camp would be ineffective." Everyone looked confused but none of them looked unbelieving. "I was walking with Patton to put his instruments away behind the Apollo cabin when a sort of hissing noise started coming out of nowhere.

I summoned my staff and stood at the ready but there wasn't anything to fight. Then Patton stumbled forward like he was pushed and then dissappeared in a yellow light. And a light with that appearance and effect could only be the doing of a god or something similar."