|7|

Chapter 7

Maddie's POV"So the Walcott's were the first

Maddie's POV
"So the Walcott's were the first. Atleast the first that we know about. Four murders. Sean, his brother, and his parents."

"Woah woah woah, Sean as in Sean the Wendigo who tried to kill Scott and Liam?" I stopped Stiles who groaned and nodded. We were in the sheriff's office and Stiles was filling his dad in with what was happening. Since Scott didn't fill me in, I decided to stick around and figure out what was happening. "They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute." Stiles said and looked over at me as if he knew I was about to say something.

I gave him a smug stare and flicked my hand at him. "Go on," I murmured. "Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine."

"Since when was Peter involved in this?" I gagged. Nobody liked Peter and I kind of felt sorry for Malia since he was her birth father. "Next was Demarco, he delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house. He got decapitated outside his car."

"Did the scent tell you anything?" Chris asked Scott who was also there. "Definitely a werewolf, but there's more. I think he was part of a pack."

"That's impossible, you didn't turn him." Stiles said, looking utterly confused. "Another pack you dumbass!" I answered and smacked Stiles in the back of the head.

"Clueless." I whispered, making Chris Argent snicker. "This is why she's my favourite." Chris pointed to me and I curtsied.

"Okay whatever. If there is another pack, they'll be looking for him." Stiles said. "Who's they?" The sheriff asked and I shrugged. "That's what we're trying to figure out."

"And then last night, 23-year-old Carrie Hudson." Stiles finished and Scott butted in. "It's a dead pool. A hit list of supernatural creatures. This is a part of it, the rest still has to be decoded." Scott put a piece of paper on the table as I pushed Stiles out the way to look at it. "Okay then." He said slowly and sat in a chair.

Sean Walcott 250
David Walcott 250
Michael Walcott 250
Christina Walcott 250
Lydia Martin 6
Scott McCall 25
Madison McCall 20
Demarco Montana 250
Derek Hale 15
Carrie Hudson 500
Kayleen Bettcher 250
Kira Yukimura 250

"Who found this list?" The sheriff sighed. I could tell this was all too new for him and it was going to take a lot of time for him to get used to all of this. "Lydia." Stiles looked up at his dad. "How?"

"She wrote it. Actually, she transcribed it. Without realising it." Stiles started to smile to himself but stopped as soon as he saw the weird look I was giving him. "Banshee?" Sheriff asked. "Banshee." Stiles answered, nodding his head.

"Beautiful. All right, what are these numbers next to the names?"

"We're getting to that. First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key." Stiles pointed to me and his dad as he turned the list so I could see it clearer. "Wait, you mean like a, like a key word?" Sheriff asked and once again Stiles nodded.