Chapter 25 - I Think I Just Had A Heart Attack

Chapter 25 – I Think I Just Had A Heart Attack

At six that evening we finally made it back, we were currently stood on my street grinning like idiots. We decided to say hello to each other’s parents since it had been so long since we’d seen them – well it felt like that anyway. Of course we were seeing my parents first, I couldn’t wait to see them in person, texting and skyping wasn’t really the same.

I rang the doorbell three times; we always rang it three times that way we knew who it was at the door. It didn’t take long for the door to open; when it did my mum stood there grinning and my dad hovered in the background. “Mum!” I said before running into her arms, no matter how old you are your mum always gives the best hugs. “Hello sweetie, did you have a good time?” she asked and I nodded. “It was amazing!” I said before running up to my dad and giving him a hug, Nathan hugged my mum too and we went into the lounge and sat down for a bit.

“So you and Nath huh?” she said grinning at me like a fool, I hid my face in my hands and nodded as it was kind of awkward. My dad grinned at Nathan; I guess he was okay with it since he’d known Nathan since he was little. If it had been someone different I’m sure he would be giving him evils. “If you hurt her-“ he started but I cut him off. “Dad Nathan’s not going to hurt me” I said sticking up for him, Nathan scratched his neck nervously and smiled. My dad was just doing the dad thing of protecting me, anyone else and it would have been a lot worse.

“Don’t worry about that, can I talk to you for a minute?” he asked my dad who nodded, they stood up and walked out. If only I was a fly on the wall right now. I turned to my mum was still sat grinning; I guess she was rather happy to see me. “So tell me more about it, what was your favourite part?” I forgot how much my mum loved to gossip.

“I couldn’t pick one thing; the whole thing has been unbelievable. I can’t believe I’m with Nathan either” it was weird thinking that before we left we had just been really good friends, and now we were dating. I know we hadn’t been a couple long but that didn’t matter, the friendship we’d built over the years made me realize just how much I loved him. I knew we had a future together as a couple, because I loved him too much for anything to come between us.

My dad grinned when he walked back in with Nathan on tow, who too had a smile on his face. I had no idea what went on, I would make sure I found out at some point though. “Go and see your parents Nath, we’ll see you in a bit Mags” my mum kissing my forehead before Nathan took my hand and lead me the short distance to his family house, I was excited to see Jess and his mum and dad since they were like a second family to me.

“Nath!” Jess said as soon as she answered the door, she ran into Nathan’s arm and they hugged while I stood there laughing. It was so good to see them together since they were such a close brother and sister. “Maggie! Oh my gosh it’s so great to see you! I can’t believe you’re finally dating my brother” I laughed at her comment; I still found it weird that people knew Nathan liked me before I did. I wasn’t that bothered that she knew though as it seemed they told each other everything. “It’s great to see you too Jess” I said hugging her back, Nathan was currently engulfed in a hug with his mum so I took it as my cue to go and give his dad a quick hug.

“Hey Mags” he said when I walked up to him, I gave him a quick hug before Nathan took my place, I laughed and went to hug his mum. “Maggie! Did the boys look after you?” she asked as we hugged, I laughed they had definitely done that. “They were very good, especially Nathan” I turned and looked at him and he grinned proudly. “That’s good, I’m really happy for you both too” I blushed, I presumed it was just the parents that made me feel embarrassed about our relationship, though I knew there was nothing to be embarrassed about.