8.

After what felt like hours of waiting. Palpetine announced that a the jury had come to their verdict.
"Delta Nova, by an overwhelming count, the members of the Court find you...guilty of murder. You will be stripped of your Jedi title and sentenced to penalty of death."

A wave of emotion hit me like a star destroyer and I fell down, hard, to my knees. My breathing became heavy and my heart began to race. I looked up to Master Windu, his head was in his hands. I couldn't believe what was happening. How could this be? How could so few people believe me? What did I do so wrong? So many question we're running through my mind like rockets that lost their way. I looked over to Obi Wan, he looked back at me, eyes filled with sorrow.

"No." I whispered to myself.
"No! Please no!" I shouted this time.

"That is enough, Delta." Palpetine scowled.
"Take her away." He said with a wave of his hand, turning his head in disgust.

Suddenly, I was yanked to my feet by two clone troopers, they practically dragged me out of the court room. I was in tears, sobbing and crying. They dragged me back into the lift, where I stood, staring at the floor, breathing heavy and heart rate soaring.

As the lift rattled down, I had a spur of the moment thought.
'My bag in my room is packed. It's ready to go. If I make a break for it now, I can escape out of here. These hand cuffs aren't the force-resistant ones; I can easily break out.'

I looked at the troopers either side of me, both of them had a large blaster which had a stunning device attached to the end.

Something inside of me snapped. With my hands bound together, I swung them back with enough strength to knock the guard on my left clean out. Then I turned to the other trooper and kicked out his legs, before smacking him in the face and out cold. In one fast motion I pulled my hands apart and used the force to break the hand cuffs. I leant down towards the troopers,
"You should've used the other hand cuffs." I sarcastically said.

I picked up one of the blasters to defend myself; as soon as these two were found, it wouldn't be long before I had a whole squad after me. The lift came to a halt and the doors slowly opened. I peaked my head out and around quickly to make sure the way was clear before stepping out. I paced forward and made sure I kept close to the wall. Each corner I went around, I poked my head past first to ensure no one was there.

Eventually, I reached my room. I quickly opened the door and locked it behind me. I ditched the blaster and grabbed my bag, opening it up. I took out my lightsaber and attached it to my belt. Then I slung the bag over my shoulder and left the room. I continued my way down the corridor, dead set on making it to the docking bay and escaping on a ship.

Suddenly, a loud alarm went off and lights started flashing around me, I knew I was in trouble now. This was a signal to all troopers on duty that I had escaped and was on the move. People in the corridor around me started to scuffle and scatter at the sound of the alarm and I sensed a slight panic in the atmosphere. I tried to keep my head held low; shield my face when possible.

I got closer and closer to the ships hangar, but then I bumped into Anakin, he looked confused and concerned.
"Delta!" He said.
"What happened at your trial? What's going on?"

"They sentenced me to death. I have to leave." I bluntly said. I tried to walk past him but he gently grabbed my wrist to stop me.

"You can't just leave! You'll get in more trouble if they catch you!"

I pulled my hand away from him.
"More trouble!? They're going to kill me anyway! Anakin, I have to go...it's not safe for me here!" I chocked up a little and my eyes turned glassy.