Chapter 3

*Stevan's POV*

Oh God! I am so glad that Burn accepted my favor of bringing me to school today because our English professor urgently needs to talk to me. Denver is also with us and Burn is currently parking his car in our school's parking lot before we go out. I must say, this is what Burn hates when driving, he cannot park his car perfectly and he really tries a couple of times to make sure he does park correctly, this is why he don't bring his car to school more often. "Do you have practice today Denver?", I ask him. He shakes his head and says, "Nah, I will give a pass today, I really did practice full time today and I wanna spend my days with my friends". He must have eaten something, he sounded sweet right now, not what a Denver could ever do. Burn is still trying hard to park so we cannot go out of the car. I guess this will take long. "Burn? Do you have any idea why our professor needs me?", I ask Burn. "Well, it is almost the regional quiz bee remember? The professor really offered me to be the participant for this year but I refused to and instead...", he stops talking for a while and he suddenly smiles at me as if he is already convincing me to join. Yes I would love to but this kid is so smarter than me when it comes to English grammar so I am questioning his refusal. "...I hope you can join it for me, I will watch and cheer for you tho like I always do", he is being sweet at its finest and this happens when he is persuading and convincing someone. He is really a good talker. "But why wouldn't you wanna join?", I ask him cause I am curious. He just gave me a shrug. A car was honking in front of us as we realized that Burn stopped driving when we talked and were currently blocking the driveway. "Can I park the car?", Denver asks nicely. What is wrong with people. Brian is annoying, Syne wants to be smart, Burn is crazy in love and Denver is so nice. I am satisfied with the 3, I do not know about Brian. "Sure", Burn tells Denver then we all changed places. Denver is now at the driver's seat, I am at the backseat and Burn is at the shotgun seat. Denver perfectly parked the car which satisfied me and Burn. Denver loves cars, he is also a fan of it so we cannot deny that he is so good at this skills. Brian could envy haha. After we parked, we went straight to the office where our English professor, Mr. Gilbert is. I am so glad Denver and Burn are still on my side as if they look like my bodyguards. "Good Morning Stevan!", Mr. Gilbert tells me. "Um, Burn told me that you need me so we went to school very early", I tell him.

"Well, I hope you are aware that he was the one we really called but-", I cut Mr. Gilbert off.

"I know Sir. Hahahaha.... It is almost the regional quiz bee and you need a participant", I tell him.

"So do you wanna accept it because your friend here doesn't want to", he looks seriously at Burn but I know he is kidding.

"I will! I would grab the opportunity", I tell him happily.

"Well, what is the reason why you don't want to join Burn?", he ask him but Burn only shrugs. This kid doesn't give a fuck about explaining.

"Do not worry Sir, I will surely gonna study hard for the quiz bee, I have my good friends with me to help me right?", I look at Denver and Burn and they nod happily.

"Yes, I am glad but since you are a freshman, you still do not know yet how this quiz works", he tells me which makes me nervous, is there a twist?

"What is it sir?", I ask him nervously.

"You will have a mentor and that mentor is the quiz bee participant last year", he tells me. So it is a sophomore.

Burn, Denver and I look at each other because we have no idea who is the participant last year. "He took home the trophy last year so I am sure that he will help you a lot in this quiz bee", he tells me. In fact, I do not need a mentor, I'd love to study alone and that's that. "Can I have no mentor?", I ask him and Mr. Gilbert laughs. "Oh Stevan, that is one of their awards, if we won, the mentor also have a medal", he proudly tells me. Now I am curious who is the last champion because I would wanna know if he'd really help. "So who is the last champion?", I ask him. He looks at the door and signals somebody to come enter the office. We are all shocked. Ross enters the office and he already gave me a serious stare. Him?! He is smart?! "Stevan, this is Ross, Ross, this is Stevan", he introduces us to one another. I kept staring at him seriously as he stares at me back and I can feel Denver and Burn feeling the awkwardness and giggles a bit about what is happening. "I hope you two cooperate with each other", Mr. Gilbert tells us and Ross fiercely smile to that. Fuck it. Can we cooperate. Now I am so fucking worried.