Part 68

"It's time we get serious with there training" Raiu said, carrying Yato like a sack of potatoes. "It's a surprise that you lost your cool so easily" Jiraiya said teasingly as he nudged Raiu in the side. "It's nothing, but there seals are faltering. I could feel how Dai and the nine tails had there chakra leak out" Raiu said.

"Oh no need to strengthen Naruto's seal" 

Raiu looked at his sensei with a questioning look. "I taught him the summoning jutsu, but to summon right now he has to rely on the nine tails chakra. Heck the boy summoned Gamabunta as his first proper frog" Jiraiya said, slightly sweat dropping at the memory. 

"Can you let me go now, your meat ball arm is digging into my stomach" Yato said trying to get himself free from Raiu's grasp. "Nope that's your punishment" Raiu's voice was cold and emotionless. "Punishment?! For what?!" 

"well remember our training a few weeks back? I told you to never take a fight lightly especially against a high ranking rough ninja" Raiu scolded giving Yato a strong side glance. "Don't worry kid, he does not follow those words" Jiraiya whispered. 

"I'll just get free myself" Yato said as he formed a hand sign. Raiu was getting ready for a Redux but instead Yato erupted in a massive burst of lightning. The man was forced to let go of Yato as the lightning traveled through his body. "I can take care of myself old man" Yato said as he continued walking down the path. 

"The boy has a point Raiu, he grew up without you so why would he need you now suddenly?" Jiriaya said, following Yato and leaving Raiu behind. 

----------------

"You know you should not be so hard on him" Jiraiya said as the two walked along a small river. Naruto is still knocked out for some reason, he probably looked into Itachi's eyes by accident. "How can I not be? He disappeared for twelve years and now thinks he can treat me like a child"

"Yeah, I see where your coming from. Raiu messed up and he is paying for it. Just try not to be too hard on him kid. He's been through more things than what you could imagine." Jiraiya looked back on the day when he first received his team and how they grew up and changed over the years. 

"Like what?" 

"His father tried killing him when he was born. When he was unable to kill him, he abandoned Raiu. So he does not really know how a father should be towards there child" Jiraiya said. This news slightly shocked Yato but he grew up also with a undesirable childhood.   

"Yeah, how far aw we form our next stop?" Yato asked after a moment of silence. "We should be reaching the next village any time now. Its quite large so we will be here for about a month." Jiraiya said as the village slowly appeared over the horizon. 

"Wanna take on a bet?" Jiraiya asked with a slight smirk. "I bet by the end of this month you would accept Raiu as your father and not a 'walking meatball' "

"And if I don't?" 

"Then you win, the winner gets lets say three hundred yen" 

"Thirty million" Yato said emotionless, shocking Jiraiya to the core. "T-Thirty million?!?! where does a child of your age receive that money?!?!" 

"S rank missions so do we have a deal or not?" 

"Fine, fine 'your stealing all my drinking money' you got a deal kid"  

-----------------------

Link to patreon

https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=30415068

Link to Discord
https://discord.gg/U2yVkYe

--------------------------