OS #8: THE WEDDING

"LET US ALL STAND FOR THE PROCESSIONAL FOR OUR BEAUTIFUL BRIDE IN HER GORGEOUS AND ELEGANT WHITE GOWN!"- 

The Cathedral's door was widely opened, and I looked at you, admiring you in your every step.

Halfways to meet me when our eyes met, and you smiled at me beautifully. Konti konti na nating natutupad ang minsa'y mga pangako lang sa isa't isa. You are wearing your dreamed gown, and it really fits you well. Nandito na din tayo sa simbahang pinapangarap natin, Mahal...

"Ano bang gusto ng aking mahal pag ikakasal na tayo?"- I asked, teasing her.

She jokingly punched my shoulder ngunit pagkatapos niyo'y ihinilig niya ang ulo niyo dito. I heard her sigh. I smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

I know how much she loves that.

"Why? Tell me your dreams, let's fulfill it together."- I clasped her hands with mine, entwining our fingers together.

"Hmm... I want to wear my own gown. Syempre, I want it white."- Nangingiting wika niya.

"San tayo ikakasal?"- Nangingiting wika ko.

Kinikilig ako e. Hehe.

"Syempre sa kung saan tayo unang nagkakilala, sa Cathedral! Remember our first meeting?"- Nilingon niya ako at nagpout.

"Of course, My lady.  Pinakaimportante sa buhay ko yun e."- 

"Then, our song will be played..."-

She started to hum our love song, and I kept silent to hear her voice.

"Syempre after nun, the two of us will say our vows, giving each other our 'I DO's' and lastly, a kiss to seal our promises."- 

I looked at her and held her hands tighter. I will never ever let go of this woman.

"I love that, baby. Someday, we'll fulfill that dream."-

At ngayon nga nasa harapan na kita, sa loob ng simbahang pinapangarap nating dalawa...

Suot mo ang iyong pinapangarap na gown habang tumutugtog sa saliw ng musiko ang ating kanta...

"Remember our promises? 3 out of 5. We're fulfilling it."-

She looked at me, tears falling from her beautiful eyes.

"I have waited for this, Lance."- She murmurs.

Ngumiti ako at ibinaling ang tingin- to the man infront of me.

She is saying her vows to him- my best friend. 

"Will you have this man to be your husband, to live together in a holy marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor him and keep him in sockness and in health, and forsaking all other, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"-

Pain strangle me when she looked at him before looking back a me.

"Yes, father."-

I faced him, her groom- once my best friend. 

"Will you do the same to your wife?"- 

"Yes, Father."-

I shoul be the one answering that.

I should be the one holding you hand.

I should be the one..

Huminga ako ng malalim upang di kumawala ang mga luhang nagbabadyang tumulo mula sa aking mga pagod na mata.

"Then now, I announce you as husband and wife."-

The congregational all stand up and applaused to the newly wed couple. 

'Kiss!'

'Kiss!'

'Kiss!'

Sigaw ng mga tao.

We fulfilled your dreams but I failed the biggest one- to be your husband. Destiny must be cruel- for I ended up to be the priest who married you and my best friend- now your husband.

"You may now kiss my bride..."- I murmured as tears fell from my eyes.

------------------------- E N D ---------------------