OS #11: The One that Got Away

Have you ever loved someone?"

I paused, a little shocked in what she said. I was giving her advice because she and her boyfriend had LQ. Well, it's a natural love misunderstanding.

"I still love him, mahal na mahal ko siya, di mo alam 'tong nararamdaman ko kasi di mo pa naranasan."-

My eyebrows automatically arched.

Kung alam mo lang...

"Answering your question, YES. I have loved someone. Loved someone so pure and whole. I loved him, to the point na ibinaba ko na yung pride, ego at lahat. I loved him so much that I forgot to love myself. Then, he left. Without any notice. And that time, just like you, my world broke down. Like you, I thought I can't move on. But here look at me, I now moved o--"

Napatigil ako sa pagsasalita ng lumapit sa amin ang isang lalaki. I froze. It was that smell.

His smell.

His favorite perfume.

My favorite.

"Baby, let's fix this. I still love you."-

I looked at them, fixing their problem. At last, the woman smiled and the man hugged her. Looks like, naayos din nila yung problema nila.

"Hey, thanks! I almost forgot, Aya- this is my boyfriend, Drake. Drake, this is Ayaa." - as she introduced me to his boyfriend.

"Nice to meet you, A-Alliyah? He-hey..."-

He looked away, knowing how he hurted me before.

"Hi, Drake. Long time no see. Well, I'll be going. Stay strong with your relationship. I hope you won't hurt her the way you did to me."-

Agad akong tumalikod at umalis palayo sa kanila.

How come he fixed their problem ng ganun kabilis? But he didn't fixed our problem back then? I thought I moved on. I thought I don't love him anymore.

I thought...

I walked away, leaving them behind with tears and again, a broken heart.

------------------------- E N D ----------------------