OS #29: RIGHT PERSON, WRONG TIME

I didn't expect to caught the virus.

I didn't expect to battle with death.

Pero mas hindi ko in-expect ang makilala ka during those hard times.

I didn't expect to fall in love. But I just did, anyways.

Many times we accidentally (or not) met each other on the way to the testing labs. And everytine we see each other, my heart skips a bit faster than usual.

The first time we talked was through messenger. Nagulat pa ako kung paano mo nakuha ang pangalan ko at nalaman kong kinukit mo pa pala ang doktor mo just to ask my doctor for my name. I didn't know what to feel that time, matatawa o maiinis ba? But deep inside, I know I loved it.

And in an instant, nagkaroon ako ng stalker-slash-kausap.

We both know that our recovery isn't sure and we console each other whenever we feel down. Lalo na ako, every time I lose hope, pinapatatag mo ako. Everytime I suffer, you either send voice messages or calls me just to tell me we'll be fine.

And with that, I got stronger.

And fell in love with you.

As you also did.

I learned that tou were asymptomatic. You suffer less than me, and I was happy for you. At least, one of us isn't suffering too much.

At least.

It may be God's time when we met again in the hallways, as we wait for our 3rd test results.

Awkward, yes. But not untik you talked to me and introduced your name personally.

"Hi, Miss. I'm Keith. But you can call me yours."-

Natawa ako sa korning banat mo, but deep inside kinilig ako ng sobra dun. Pero ang korni mo pa rin.

"Silvana. At hindi mo 'ko madadaan sa korning banat mo."-

You laughed heartily and we continued talking.

You're too bubbly for a guy, katulad din kung paano tayo mag-usap sa chat. You stopped and stared at me for a moment nang papunta na sa atun ang mga doctors.

"Let's meet again after we got out of here, Silvana. I like you and I think you already know. Kaya do your best to recover, liligawan pa kita."-

You smiled and winked before walking away with his doctor.
...

"Did they meet again, Lala?"-

"What happened after, La?"-

"Did they lived happily ever after, kike the fairytale you've told us , Lola?"-

Ngumiti ako sa mga apo ko as I reminisce what happened.

Because that was the last time I saw him.

He didn't kept his promise.
He left me without any goodbyes.

I recovered from the virus, but he left me.

He died.

"La, what happened after?"-

Napabalik ako mula sa reyalidad and saw my three grandchildren looking at me.

"Maybe they'll meet again, apo. Soon. They will continue their story."-

"Mama, time for your medicine. Kayong mga bata talaga, wag niyong pinapagod ang lola niyo."-

I looked at my daughter and smiled. She reminds me of him.

Keith.

Soon, up there. Just wait for me.

-------------------------- E N D----------------------