Scene 6

(A new student arrives) Hey! 

Avaric: Hey miss! You'll disturb him!

Elphaba: I certainly will! Hey you! Wake up! 

Avaric:Young lady, do you realize who this is?

Elphaba: I don't care who it is! Your cart nearly knocked me over, and your sleeping?! 

Fiyero: Of course it's daytime! Well, see you soon Avaric. I'm sure I won't last much longer in this school, than I did any other.

Elphaba: Is this really how you go through life? Nearly knocking them over not even noticing them?! 

Fiyero:Maybe the driver saw green and thought it meant go.

 Boq: Miss Galinda! Miss Galinda! Oh Miss Galinda! I know i'm just a meer Munchkin, but even Munchkins have feelings. And I've tried to tell you of mine for you but sometimes it's like you don't even know who I am.

Galinda: That's not true Biq! 

Boq:Boq. 

Galinda:Biq! Do you realize who that is?

Boq: You're touching me!

 Galinda:That's Fiyero Tiggular! That Winkie prince whose reputation is so scandalicious!(To Fiyero) Were you looking for something or Someone? 

Fiyero:Uhh, Yea some sort of History class. 

Boq:That is the History building right over there! 

Galinda:That class just ended 

Fiyero:Perfect timing! So what does one do for fun around here?

Galinda: Nothing, until now. 

Boq:We've been studying! 

Fiyero:Well, I see the responsibility to corrupt with my fellow students, falls to me. Fortunately, i'm up to the task.(Sings) The trouble with schools is they always try to teach the wrong lesson. Believe me, I've been kicked out of enough of them to know. They want you to become less callow, less shallow. But I say " Why Invite stress in?" Stop studying strife. And learn to live the unexamined life. Dancing through life, skimming the surface, gliding where turf is smooth. Life's more painless, for the brainless. Why think too hard, when it's so soothing. Dancing through life no need to tough it, when you can sluff it off as I do! Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. It's just life, so keep dancing through. Dancing through life, swaying and sweeping, and always keeping cool. Life is fraught less when you're thoughtless. Those who don't try, never look foolish. Dancing through life, Mindless and careless. Make sure you wear less trouble is rife. Woes are fleeting, glows are dancing. When your dancing through life! (Spoken) So, What's the most Swankified place in town? 

Galinda:That would be the Ozdust ballroom! 

Fiyero:Sounds perfect!(Sings) Let's go down to the Ozdust ballroom. We'll meet there later tonight. We can dance 'till it lights. Find the prettiest girl, give her a whirl! Right on down to the Ozdust ballroom. Come on! Follow me! We'll be happy to be there 

All: Dancing through life 

Fiyero:If only because dust is what we come to! Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters! It's just life... So keep dancing through.

Boq: Miss Galinda- I hope you'll save at least one dance for me. I'll be right there, right by your side... waiting, All night!

Galinda Oh that's so kind Biq! 

Boq:Boq 

Galinda:But Do you know what would be even kinder?(Sings) See that tragically beautiful girl, the one in the chair? It seems so unfair, we should go on a spree, and not she. Gee, I know someone would be my hero, if that someone were, to go invite her! 

Boq:Well maybe I could Invite her? 

Galinda:Oh Biq! Really? You would do that for me?

Boq: I would do anything for you Miss Galinda! Excuse me! Miss Nessarose! There is something I'd like to ask you! 

Fiyero:You're good!

Galinda: I don't know what you mean? But I do happen to be free tonight, soo. 

Fiyero:Soo, I'll be picking you up around Eight?

Galinda: After all, know that we met one another 

Both: It's clear we deserve each other. You're perfect! You're perfect! So we're perfect together. Born to be forever! Dancing through life!