Scene 10

Elphaba: (Dorothy is crying) Oh, for Ozs' sake will you stop crying?! I can't listen to it anymore! You want to see your aunt Em and you uncle whats-his-name again? Then get thoose shoes off your feet! (She stops crying) Squeeky little brat! Takes a dead woman's shoes, must have been raised in a BARN! Chistery? Chistery? Chist- Oh there you are. Where are the others? Oh, Chistery if you don't at least try to start speeking, you'll never- (Glinda comes in wearing her bubble dress) Go away.

Glinda: They're coming for you

Elphaba: Go away!

Glinda: Let the girl go and that poor dog dodo! I know you don't want to hear this Elphie but someone has to say it, your out of control! I mean, they're just shoes let it go!  Elphie, you can't keep living like this! 

Elphaba: I can do anything I want, I'm the Wicked Witch of the West! Oh, finnaly, what took you so long? (A monkey gives her an envolope) What is this? Why are you bothering me with this? This- (Her expression changes)

Glinda: Elphie, what is it? What's wrong? It's  Fiyero isn't it... is he?

Elphaba: Im afraid we've seen his face for the last time. 

Glinda: Oh, Elphie! 

Elphaba: You're right It's time... I surrender. (She picks up a bucket of water) 

Glinda: Elphie... Elphie what are you doing?

Elphaba: You can't be found here, you must go. 

Glinda: No!

Elphaba: You must leave! 

Glinda:No! Elphie, I'll tell them everything! 

Elphaba:No! They'll only turn against you.

Glinda: Elphaba I don't care! 

Elphaba:I do! Promise me, Promise me... you won't clear my name. Promise.

Glinda: Alright I promise. But I don't understand. 

Elphaba:(Sings) I'm limited... Just look at me. I'm limited. And just look at you, you can do all I couldn't do, Glinda. (She gives her the Grimmerie) 

Glinda:(spoken)Elphie, You know I can't read that! 

Elphaba:Well, then you'll have to learn. (sings) So know It's up to you, for both of us. Now it's up to you. (Spoken) 

Glinda:Oh Elphie...

Elphaba: You're the only friend I've ever had. 

Glinda:And I've had so many friends. But only one that really mattered.(Sings) I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason. Brining something we must learn and we are lead to thoose who help us most to grow, if we let them. And we help them in return. Well, I don't know if I believe that's true. But I know I'm who I am today because I knew you. Like a commit pulled from orbit as it passes a sun. Like a stream that meets a bolder halfway through the wood. Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but because I knew you. I have been changed... for good. 

Elphaba: It well may be that we will never meet again in this lifetime. So let me say before we part, so much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart. And now whatever way our stories end. I know you have rewritten mine by being my friend. Like a ship blown from it's mooring by a wind off the sea. Like a seed dropped by a skybird in a distant wood. Who can say if i've been changed for the better but because I knew you.

Glinda: Because I knew you

Both: I have been changed for good. 

Elphaba: And just to clear the air I ask forgiveness for the things i've done you blame me for. 

Glinda: But then I guess we know there's blame to share. 

Both:And none of it seems to matter anymore

Glinda: Like a commit(Pulled from orbit as it passes a sun. Like a stream that meets a bolder half way through the wood.)

Elphaba: Like a ship blown from it's mooring by a wind off the sea. Like a seed dropped by a skybird in a distant wood.

Both: Who can say if i've been changed for the better. I do believe I have been changed for the better.

Glinda: And, because I knew you.

Elphaba: Because I knew you.

Both: Because I knew you. I have been changed... for good.