Scene 12

(Morrible and the Wizard are in a room)

Morrible: Well, I don't know why you're so despondiary, I thought it went quite well! They seem thrilled to shreds with their brains and their hearts, and this and that.... (Glinda enters) Glinda. I thought you would be out festivating. 

Glinda:(Glinda is holding Elphaba's little green bottle) This was Elphaba's. 

Wizard:What was that? 

Glinda:It was a keepsake. It was her mother's. She told me so herself. I've only seen a little, green bottle like this one other time. It was right here, in this very room. You offered me a drink from it. 

Wizard:This was her mothers? 

Lover:(The lover's song is playing in the background) Have another drink my dark-eyed beauty... But... Oh my lord... (sings) I am a sentimental man. Who always long to be a father. 

Glinda:So she was yours all along? 

Morrible:So that was it. That's why she had such powers! She was a child of both worlds. 

Glinda: I want you to leave Oz. I'll make the pronouncement myself: that the strains of wizardship have been too much for you and you are taking an indefinite leave of absence!... Did you hear what I said?! 

Wizard:Yes your goodness. 

Glinda:You'd better go get your ballon ready. (he leaves) Guards! (the guards come in) 

Morrible: Glinda, dear, I know we've had our miniscule differentiations in the past... 

Glinda: Guards! Madame have you ever consistered how you'd fare in captivity?

Morrible: What?

Glinda: Cap-tiv-it-y? PR-I-SON! Personally I don't think you'd hold up very well. You see, my personal opinion is that you do not have what it takes. I hope you prove me wrong. I doubt you will! Take her away! (They take her away)

Ozians: Good news! She's dead! THE WITCH OF THE WEST IS DEAD! THE WICKEDEST WITCH THERE EVER WAS THE ENEMY OF ALL OF US, HERE IN OZ, IS DEAD! GOOD NEWS! GOOD NEWS!!! (A scarecrow comes in and Notices Elphaba's hat on the floor and picks it up) (He looks around him as if he wasn't supposed to be doing it) (He knocks on the trap door and opens it) 

Fiyero as the scarecrow: It worked! 

(Elphaba jumps out)

Elphaba: Fiyero! Oh Fiyero! 

Fiyero: It's alright, you can touch. I don't mind. You  did the best you could. You saved my life. 

Elphaba: you're still beautiful.

Fiyero: You don't have to lie to me.

Elphaba: It's not lying, it's looking at things in another way

(Ozians sing) No one mourns the Wicked! Now at last she's dead and gone. Now at last there's joy throughout the land. 

Glinda:(Spoken) Fellow Ozians... friends, we have been through a frightening time. There will be other times and other things that frighten us. But if you let me, I'd like to try to help. I'd like to try to be... Glinda the Good. 

Ozians: Good news! 

Fiyero:(Spoken) It's time to go. 

Elphaba:We can never come back to Oz again can we?

Fiyero: No.

Elphaba: I only wish... 

Fiyero:What? 

Elphaba:That Glinda could know we're alive. 

Fiyero:  She can't know. Not if we want to be safe. No one can know. 

(Ozians Sing) Good news! 

Fiyero:Come(He holds out his free hand while the other hand has Elphaba's hat in it) 

Glinda:Who can say if i've been changed for the better but, 

Elphaba and Glinda: Because I knew you 

Glinda:Because I knew you 

Elphaba and Glinda: I have been changed. 

(Elphaba walks over to Fiyero while the Ozians sing) No one mourns the Wicked!! Wicked! (Fiyero puts the Hat on Elphaba) WICKED!!!!!