Act 2 scene 1

Ozians:(Sings) Every day more wicked. Every day the terror grows. All of Oz is ever on alert. That's the way the wicked. Spreading fear wherever she goes. Seeking out the victims she gets heard. 

Woman: Like some terrible green Lizard throughout the land she flies!

 Man: defaming our poor Wizard.

 All: With her colonies and lies. Save us from the Wicked. Shield us all we won't behave. Give us warning, where will she strike next? Where will she strike next? Where will she strike next? 

Glinda:(Spoken) Fellow Ozians, as terrifying as terror is, let us put aside our panic and celebrate! (Sang) Oh what a celebration we'll have today! 

Croud:Thank goodness! 

Glinda:Let's have a celebration the Glinda way! 

Croud:Thank goodness!

Morrible: Finally a day that's totally Wicked Witch free! 

All: We couldn't be happier thank goodness! 

Morrible:(Spoken) And thank goodness for you Glinda and you're handsome swain, our new captain of the guard! Now you have been in the forefront of the Wicked Witch haven't you captain? 

Fiyero:Well, I don't think of her of as a Wicked Witch. 

Morrible:So captain, how does it feel? 

Fiyero:Frustrating... but I became captain of the guard to find her and I will keep searching! 

Morrible:No, being engaged! 

Ozians: Congratulations! 

Glinda:Surprised? 

Fiyero: Yes! 

Glinda:We hoped you'd be, the Wizard and I. (Sings) Yes, we couldn't be happier. Right dear? Couldn't be happier! Right here, look what we've got A fairy tale thought, our very own plot, our very own happy ending. Where we couldn't be happier. True dear? Couldn't be happier. And we're happy to share our ending vicariously with all of you! He couldn't look handsomer, I couldn't feel humbler. Because happy is what happens when all your dreams come true! 

Morrible:(Spoken) Oh and Glinda dear we are happy for you, and as press secretary I have striven to ensure that all of Oz knows the story of your braverism. How vividly i remember. (Sang) The day you were first summoned to an audience with Oz, and although he would not tell you why initially. When you bowed before his throne, he decreed your tense beknown as "Glinda the good" Officially.

Fiyero: (Spoken) That's not how you described it to me. 

Glinda:Oh no, not exactly but we'll talk about that later. 

Morrible:(Sings) Then with a jealous squeal the Wicked Witch busted from concealment, where she had been lurking suruptitulally. *Crowd gasps* 

Ozian: I hear she has an extra eye that always remains awake!

 (Another Ozian) I hear that she can shed her skin as easily as a snake! 

(Another Ozian) I hear some rebel animals were giving her food and shelter! 

(Another Ozian) I Hear her soul is so unclean pure water will melt her! 

Fiyero:What?!

 (All Ozians) Melt her! Please somebody go and melt her! 

Fiyero:(Spoken) You hear that water will melt her! People are so empty headed they'll believe anything!
GlindaL(Fiyero and Glinda walk aside from everyone else) Excuse me for just a clock tick.

Fiyero: I can't just stand here grinning pretending to go along with all of this! 

Glinda:Do you think I like hearing those awful things about her? I hate it!
Fiyero:Then what are we doing here. Lets go, let's get out of here! 

Glinda:We can't leave now, not when people are to us to raise their spirits. 

Fiyero:You can't leave because you can't resist this. 

Glinda:Maybe I can't. It that so wrong? Who could? 

Fiyero:You know who could. And who has. (He starts to walk away but stops) 

Glinda:Fiyero, I miss her too. But we can't just stop living. No one has searched harder for her than you have. But don't you see? She doesn't want to be found. We have to face it...

Fiyero:You're right. I'm sorry, you're right. And look, if it makes you happy of course I will marry you. 

Glinda:But, It will make you happy too, right? 

Fiyero:You know me, I'm always happy.(He leaves the stage) 

Glinda:Fiyero! Thanks plenty dearest. (She walks back to the crowd) He's just gone to fetch me a refreshment. He's so thoughtful that way! (Sings) That's why I couldn't be happier. No, I couldn't be happier. Though it is I admit, the tiniest bit, unlike I unticipated. But I couldn't be happier. Simply, couldn't be happier. (Spoken) Well, not simply. (Sings) 'Cause getting your dreams, it's strange but it seems a little well, complicated. There's a kind-of, a sort-of... cost. There's a couple of dreams get... lost. There are bridges you crossed you didn't know you crossed until you crossed. And if that joy, that thrill. Doesn't thrill like you think it will... still. With this perfect finale the cheers in the Bally-who. Who wouldn't be happier? So, I couldn't be happier. Because happy is what happens when all your dreams come true. Well, isn't it? Happy is what happens when your dreams come true!

Ozians: We love you Glinda, if we may be so frank. Thank goodness! For all of this joy we know who we have to thank. Thank goodness! That means the Wizard, Glinda 

Glinda:And fiance! 

Ozians:They couldn't be goodlier. She couldn't be lovelier. We couldn't be happier.

Glinda: I couldn't be happier. Thank goodness! 

Glinda:Today!! 

Ozians:Thank goodness for today!