Chapter 14

~Flashback~

-a few days earlier-

Riley's POV:
"Happy one month anniversary Riles." Farkle said, handing me a small flower.

I took it, smiling. "Aww you remembered."

"Of course. So hey I promised Lucas I would go to his football practice do you want to come?" Farkle asked.

I figured that Maya would also be there so I nodded. "Sure why not."

He grabbed my hand and I took it, heading to the football field.

We arrived at the football field and saw Lucas gearing up. "Hey Lucas!" Farkle called out.

He saw us and waved. We approached him. "Is Maya here?" I asked Lucas.

He shook his head. "She had to do homework."

"Well that sucks."

He nodded when the coach blew his whistle, meaning practice was starting.

"Be right back." Lucas said, running off.

We sat in the bleachers, watching practice for about 15 minutes.

Suddenly, someone came over and sat right in front of my view.

"Wooooo go Lucas!" The girl exclaimed.

I looked at her head and blinked. Missy Bradford. Aka the girl who tried to ruin my best friends relationship.

(A/N I just wanted to say that this was before Riley heard missy in the bathroom, Riley was referring to before)

"Hey can you move we can't see." Farkle said, trying to see the practice.

Missy turned out and stared at farkle. Then her gaze fell to our hands connected.

"Awww two nerds in love. How cute." She said saracastically.

She then turned around and started filing her nails.

Ugh. I really dislike missy. I try not to hate people but she's high up there.

I just wish I could stand up to her like Maya does.

Suddenly, the words fell out of my mouth.

"Hey uh if I recall right Lucas friar football player dumped you after a couple dates??"

Farkle stared at me wide eyed and missy slowly turned around to face me.

"What are you trying to say?" She said through gritted teeth.

"That Maya and Lucas are made for each other and you can't do anything to ruin it."

Whew! It felt good to get that out.

Missy just laughed at me and put a hand on my shoulder. "Aww you are cute."

That's when Lucas came over. "What's going on?" He glared at missy.

Missy stood up and scoffed. "Lucas I just don't understand how you can be friends with these nerds."

"They aren't nerds, they are my friends. Better friends than you and your lame posse ever were." Lucas said.

Wow, Lucas isn't as bad as I thought.

Missy turned her attention back to me and thought. "Hey I gotta talk to my little friend Riley here for a second." She patted my head like a dog.

I felt knots form in my stomach.

Lucas narrowed his eyes at missy and then told Farkle. "Come on dude I gotta tell you something."

I watched them leave and immediately smelt the scent of Missy's perfume approach me.

"So Riley. You and Farkle huh?" She said, faking a smile at me.

I remembered her comment from earlier and made sure to not let her put me down. "Yeah you gotta problem with that?"

She giggled. "Of course not! But..." Her voice trailed off.

She put her hand over her heart. "You are just such a sweet girl and I think this needs to come to your attention."

I rolled my eyes at her fake sweet voice. "Go on."

She leaned down to whisper. "Well rumors around the school say your a... Slut."

I gasped at the last word. "W-why?"

Missy shrugged her shoulders and sighed. "I don't know. People like to make up rumors about nicer people and it kinda just came up."

I sat there, not moving. "Just because I'm dating Farkle??"

Missy nodded. "This all started when you started dating Farkle."

I bit my lip. "But I don't want people to think that of me..."

Missy sighed again. "Yeah, high school sucks. The easiest solution is to break up with Farkle."

Suddenly, one of Missy's posse girls came over. "Hey missy--" she made a face at me.

"Whatcha doing with nerd girl." She said when missy whispered something to her. "I mean slut."

The words sting like crazy. "I'm sorry I gotta go do something." I stood up quickly and left.

-with missy-
"That was so close." Missy's friend said.

Missy nodded. "Lily, you almost blew my cover!"

"Sorry."

Missy waved it off. "Whatever. That one is done."

She had a small smirk on her face. "Oh Maya oh Maya, if only you were here..."

They both smiled and headed over to Lucas.

-with Riley-
I found Farkle talking to Lucas when I slowly pulled him away.

"Farkle..we gotta talk." I said, close to tears.

"Riley are you okay? Don't cry." He said, wiping a tear off my face.

I pulled his hand away from me and sniffed. "Farkle I'm breaking up with you..."

Farkle's expression changed. "Wha- why??"

I sniffled again. "I'm sorry we just need to." And I ran away.

A/N
IDK OMG I WAS EXCITED TO POST THIS.

You know the Farkle and Riley story know, next chapter is Lucas, missy and... The bar.

-Liz