12. 嘘

Yoriichi watched as his older twin brother had on a rather dark look on his face as he was observing students, male students, crowding around [name]. He clenched his fists and held it in place on either side of his body and continued to observe.

How could [name] be so popular among the boys in the first year? Along with the seniors as well. He watched as she was politely rejecting the flowers that were being shoved into her face as she held onto her bag tightly. A little irritated she was, yet Michikatsu wondered why she had not snapped just yet.

It had been a week ever since the baseball competition, and students were fawning over [name], Ume, Shinobu, Kanae, and Mitsuri after looking at them in the cheerleading outfits. Which then Ume started to get highly irritated at the amount of attention she was getting.

"Akane-san! Please accept my love," a particular student yelled out, and soon it went quiet.

Everybody stared at the bold action of the student who was also in the first year. None of them were asking for [name] to accept their love, more of accepting their gifts instead. Yet, they watched as [name] had on a soft smile along with the way her dark blue ocean eyes held nothing but kindness.

"No..." Michikatsu whispered out as he watched [name]'s mouth moving.

"Gomen, I can't go out with you," she spoke and walked past the boy, patting him on the shoulder as she went past

"Gomen, I can't go out with you," she spoke and walked past the boy, patting him on the shoulder as she went past. The boy's eyes widened and he turned.

"A-At least accept the flower!" and [name] stopped. She turned and smiled at him, picking the flower out from his hand and admiring it.

"Thank you," she spoke out in her gentle voice, and the boy's face soon flushed red. She soon walked away heading to class, clutching her bag tightly against her chest. Michikatsu then turned his head and narrowed his dark purple eyes at the one who had just confessed.

"I-I'm not even upset that she rejected me... She's like an angel..." the boy whispered out when his friends came over to ask if he was alright. [name] then smiled and ran up to Kaigaku who was busy waiting for her in the hallway, and he narrowed his eyes slightly.

"Again?" he asked, and [name] shrugged her shoulders.

"Isn't it about time Michikatsu-senpai does something? If not, all these boys will be coming after you every day. Shinazugawa-san and I can't be there every time to look out for you," he commented, and [name] hummed in response as she held her bag tighter once more.

"I guess..." she whispered out with a deep blush on her face. Kaigaku could only look at her from the corner of his eyes as he looked at the way [name] was behaving. A sad smile was seen on his face that went unnoticed by the brunette and soon he stopped walking.

Looking at her from the back, all he could do was sigh.

"Kaigaku?" [name] called out when she realized Kaigaku had stopped walking beside her. He hummed in response as he jogged up to continue walking by her side.