Code 5

Unfortunately, Elian couldn't express his gratitude to Officer Zahn that day.

By the time, he was in good shape to walk without it feeling like his head was getting pounded; the situation had both escalated and de-escalated.

CU had calmed the situation down a little, and a majority of the protesters had even scurried away.

But like any other riot, the after-math had been polarized, with some people speculating that the riot was just a PR stunt, to popularize the candidate and others had suspected that it was the opposition's plan all along, to butcher the parade.

He had subsequently gone out looking for the policeman, to express his gratitude, with help from Ashwin, but he couldn't find him anywhere.

Media had surrounded the auditorium like a hairworm, taking hold of its prey. It had become too much of a mess, even for him. Amidst the chaos of their meeting, the only thing he could remember were the other's feline black eyes and a thin scar running across the officer's left cheek.

And now, a name.

11/4/2020

Saturday

8:00

Elian smiled as he saw the little girl in front of him play with the balloons, he was currently covering a charity event for children suffering from cancer.

The venue was colorful, with pops of amber, and cider lighting up the entrance. Tints of fushia and magenta, giving color to the floors.

But the main focus of the day, were the giggles of joy, the pitter-patters, the sheer glee emitting from it all. It was transcendent

Elian loved kids, they were just so lively and filled with every imaginable type of beauty and to be surrounded by so many of them, had made his mood so much better from when he had woken up at five in the morning.

He knew his ears would soon be blasted by orders from his boss to capture the celebrities who would attend the function.

So cute...

Elian cooed as he saw the little girl flinch as she heard the balloon in her hand burst, but it seemed like she didn't care, as she soon started playing with another balloon.

"Elian! Stop shooting those little kids." A shrill-voice spoke through his ear-phones.

Yep, the order has arrived.

Elian hesitantly turned his camera from the cute little girl to the entrance, watching bored, as extravagant clothes and sparkly jewels walked in.

9:15

It had taken almost an hour, just for everyone to arrive. The inaugural function had begun with a speech from the old man who runs this place. A wealthy man, but unfortunately his wealth couldn't buy his child's health.

Elain would lie, if he said, the speech didn't move him. He was a very visual person, words rarely affected him, but show him a tragic movie and watch him cry like a baby.

And just like that, within, his own eyes, he found his passion.

It had been going well, until it wasn't. One by one, the celebrities went up, and Elian knew what that meant.

Complementary Speeches...

Where is Lena? Come save me out of this.

Elian mentally asked for help, he had been capturing the event from seven in the morning, and yet he still hadn't gotten his break. He was sure that his boss had something to do with this.

"The food stall is well healthy and fancy." Lena had commented as he took over Elian's position.

◇◆◇◆

Thanks for reading.