Code 10

11/4/2020

Saturday

12:00

"Wow...that was..." Elian uttered tears in his eyes.

"You made me cry with burgers in my mouth," Keir said, lightening the situation.

Felix was a full-on mess, as he bit on to the burgers nervously, not looking at anyone in the room.

"...oh my god...that was so sweet of you," Elian said, at a loss for words. How was he supposed---what was he supposed to do after that?

Elian had been quick on his feet as he came forward and hugged the younger tightly, not leaving an inch of space between them, sniffling lightly. The other policemen follow Elian, all of them coming forward for a group hug.

They had hugged for what felt like hours but it was only like a minute or so. Hugs can never betray us, they are just so warm, homely and welcoming. Sometimes a hug can really heal a lot of things.

"Wow...look at me hugging you guys when I don't even know half of your names." Elian jokes, after releasing each other from the warm embrace, rubbing at the ends of his eyes to get rid of the tears.

"I am Aliyah, that's Ola and that's Keir," Aliyah said pointing at everybody else.

"And I say we all should go together for beers someday...what we did back there was pretty endearing," Keir added with a laugh, rubbing his tears away with his napkin.

"Yeah beer is always good," Felix commented, his bunny smile showing through.

"Felix...can I call you that?" To which Elian got a nod, "Can we talk?"

"I---"

"He means to say 'yes we can talk'," Hector said ushering the two to one side, so that they can talk with privacy, handing a skewer to both of them.

"Um...hi," Felix said going back to a shy mess, the courage that he had somehow managed to gather up, vanishing into thin air.

"Do you want me to call you cute again for you to regain your courage...actually don't I have cried enough for today." Elian teased.

"Stop making it sound like cute is my trigger word or something..." Felix whined.

"I don't know about that Felix...anyway...um what you said back there was just so sweet and heart-warming...I was wondering..." Elian mumbled off, suddenly becoming shy and self-conscious.

"Don't be like that...that's supposed to be my job, you know."

"Okay...okay...I was wondering whether you would like to talk to them you know, I am sure they would love to hear those words...all of what you said back there was just so..."

"Really?! Can I meet them... they won't have any problem with seeing me?" Felix asked, with the excitement of a child, his doe eyes turning bright.

"Of course, I am sure they will love you...you are like a cute fan-boy, you know!" Elian answered back with the same enthusiasm, after the documentary they had left being wonderful friends.

Elian can understand why Felix finds those drag queens and kings funny, he had experienced it all first-hand. They were all so nice and welcoming towards him.

Elian is sure of it, that they will love Felix.

I mean how could they not?

◇◆◇◆◇

Thanks for reading!