Chapter 3: Roby and Janette

The Asian-American guy stands still on his spot calmly. Meanwhile, I pull myself backwards as I try to stern my shaking legs. I examine him closely; he has two guns tucking inside its holster. I freeze while still looking at it.

“What? I’m not a robber,” he breaks the silence. Then, he rubs the back of his neck. He seems normal despite the weapon that he has: Maroon t-shirt, black jeans and a black watch that wraps his wrist.

“H-h-how can I trust you?” I stutters while pinning myself to the wall. I suddenly feel nauseous on everything that happens; I have a sudden stomachache.

“You don’t have to,” he coldly whispers.

“Are you going to use that gun on me?”

“If I have to, yes,” he shrugs. “But that doesn’t matter, you’re next.”

“Why do people keep saying that?” I squint; still pinning myself to the wall. I clench my fist just to charge if anything happens.

“People? You mean the book?” he raises an eyebrow.

“Yeah, the book—Wait, how did you know?” I ask suspiciously. Who is this guy? But somehow, I believe he’s not a robber. But other than that, I do have a very big suspicion on this guy. I mean, he enters my apartment without having the alarm ringing. How in the hell? Unless he goes through the window, which I highly doubt. This is an apartment, not a house.

“I know everything. Now just shut your questions for a while. You want answers? Simple, come with me.”

“We’re not Romeo and Juliet,” I whispers; but still cautious of every movement of his

“I don’t know who the hell are Roby and Janette, but what matters is that we have to hurry.”  

“Just go away! Take what you want or I’ll scream. People will come and catch you!” I shout in a whisper tone.

“Why don’t you scream since the first time I came?” he bitterly chuckles. His dimple is showing when he does. I turn speechless and my face goes red of anger. This guy seriously gets into my nerve. “Fine, I’ll take what I want. Then I leave, okay?” he adds, suddenly smiling. But I know he hides something within his coal black eyes.

“Okay,” I say under my breath.

            Black wings suddenly appear from his back. It beautifully touches the ceiling, while some of its feather sways elegantly to the ground. I watch as it swings back and forth; fanning cold air around the room. Then he wraps his arms around my waist, more like gripping it. It’s not gentle at all and I scream. But no one seems to listen. A voice come from downstairs, it must be Alex. I scream his name a thousand times, and he finally reach to my room. But it’s too late; I can feel my legs lifting from the ground as if I fight the rule of gravity.

“You said it yourself, take what I want,” he chuckles. It seems that he cheers at his own victory. “It’s good to be smart, isn’t it?” I so badly want to roll my eyes, but at this point, I don’t even have the power to.

“Go away!” I squeak.

“Too late,” he shrugs. With that, he—we—exits the house by the bedroom’s window.

I punch his biceps, his wings, his chest, but none of that affects him at all. He calmly flies away. I feel so weak. I look back at the apartment. I can see Alex running by the window as he looks up, looking right into my eyes. He drops his jaws. I reach my arm towards him although it’s already miles away, hoping that somehow he can save me.

But he can do nothing about it.

“You’re next.”

A/N: heyy I'm actually supposed to update every 4 days but it's only been 3 days since I updated the last chapter and I just can't keep calm cause I really enjoy writting this.
I thank everyone who reads and votes it means the WORLD!! I'm not even sugarcoating it