Chapter 8: Injection

I look out the window, no, not exactly the window. It’s actually just the gaps of the birdcage bars. I slide myself into the bed and just think what will going to happen when I forget everything while Alex still remembers me; it’ll hurt. I cups my head thinking of Gemini too. Will it be that easy for him to inject me his blood and simply watch me forgets everything? Well that’s not impossible either. I bet he’s seen worse.

“Essie,” Josh says. I’m not even shock anymore; I’m getting used to it. He fishes the key and unlocks the chains. “It’s time.”

            I stand up from my sleeping position and nods. My body feels even lighter than before, the light feels dimmer, and most of all my heart feels emptier. I don’t feel anything than sorrow that overwhelms me, I’m not even sure why. I only have a few friends, why shall I be sad?

            He grips my waist just like Gemini used to, and flies down to the ground. Gemini stands there alone and I actually can see people peeping from the kitchen.

“Hey,” Gemini grips my arm and pulls me closer to whisper. “I’ll remind you everything.”

“Why?” I whisper back. It’s rare to see Gemini being nice.

“Because Ruby wants you to be our weapon and I don’t like the sound of that,” he hisses.

“Thank you,” I faintly smiles.

“Don’t thank me first.” He pulls out the syringe that’s already filled with his blood. I cringe looking at it. I turn around to see Josh; he chafes the back of his neck with an unsure expression. “This will hurt like hell Es.”

“Just get it over with,” I whimper.

Then he mouths the countdown.

One... I close my eyes.

Two... I open it again for some reasons. “I’m sorry,” he mouths

“Just do it,” I mouth back.

Three...

The world goes black.