Chapter 9: Mentally Disturbed

Alex’s POV

            The next thing I know, I’m already in a mental hospital. The lighting is dim; it’s like the sky on a rainy season. But instead of drips of raindrops, it’s screams and painful groans. I roam the room just by the gaze of my eyes and see a catastrophe going on in the hall of crazy people. Many of them screech the wall. Others are just hiding on the corners of the room.

            I stop for a while to think, but I continue to walk again. Maybe I’m just imagining all of this. What kind of insane person who thinks that they are merely crazy? Of course they think that they’re as sane as any person can be. The nurse stop and I forcefully stop as well; nearly hitting the door. She opens the door of my soon-to-be-room.

“Can I call someone?” I plead before entering.

“Unfortunately, no,” she forbids.

            I don’t bother to plead more and enters the room. The room is completely white and the wall looks like beds. I look back, but she already shut the door without informing. I cry. Without any further thinking, I cry. My tears just flow on as I feel my throat burns.

“Someone,” I sob. “Someone help me…”

I slump on the bed. My hands are on my head as I rock back and forth. I’m crazy, the word spirals in my mind.

***

            Thirty minutes pass and there’s nothing happening here, not even a knock.

“I’ll spend my entire life here,” I mutter. I cover my face and continue to cry. I try so hard not to, but I just end up crying anyways. The tears just flows while I’m busy to even control my breathing.

            The hall is somehow noisier than before. See? Maybe I’m just going crazier in no time. But something bangs the door so loud that I jolt backwards. I squeeze myself on the corner of the bed and just turn speechless over everything. The door opens.

“Please, please don’t hurt me,” I sob.

            A guy comes in with the debris of the mess—that I bet—he creates. He walks into the room with black wings on as well. He’s clearly not the nurse. The memory of Essie being stolen comes back to my mind.

“Hey,” he pants.

I turn speechless and recoil from him.

“No, no, I’m not going to hurt you,” he shake his hands.

“I don’t even know if you’re real…”

“I can assure you that I’m real.”

He seems kind of different than the previous guy who came and stole Essie away. His blonde hair blows as the wind creeps into the room.

“I’m crazy!” I sob again.

“No you’re not. Listen here, I don’t have a day. So please,” he pleads. “Gemini will be mad.”

“But you’re not real— I-I know you’re just a mere imagination, and maybe Essie too—“

            His lips suddenly crash into mine. I quickly close my eyes as he cups my cheeks. But as fast as that lips brushes mine, he pulls away. My heart flutters and I just freeze there without words.

“I told you I’m real,” he sighs. My cheeks turn bright red against my will. “Hey, hey, don’t take that kiss seriously.”

“Oh well then I shan’t take you seriously as well.” I reply with sarcasm.

But he chuckles, then it quickly transform into a sweet smile. “Nice, you got your sanity back,” he congratulates.

“I guess,” I smile back.

He offers a hand towards me. I look at the surroundings: the bed-like wall, the squeaky clean floor tiles and the horrible bed. I’m pretty sure I won’t miss this place that much despite the sanitary of the room. With that, I pull out my hand and put it on top of his.

“See? It’s not so bad, is it?” he smirks.

I roll my eyes as he pull me into his arms and fly away.

A/N: As you can see, I updated 2 chapters today.. cause as I already informed, i won't be updating for 2 weeks and it makes me sad :( Vote, comment and follow

Anyways, what do you think of this chapter guys?? XD