Chapter 2: Unwelcomed

I don’t even bother to eat dinner. I just need to process it all at once, but I know I need a rest. I look out the window and the sky is already pitching black. So I regain my balance and lay down once again, thinking about what just the fairy tale said. I grab the fairy tale again and push it below my bed, letting it dissolve with the shadows. I don’t want to get bad dreams hiding behind the pillow of mine.

My phone suddenly rings.

Ugh, I’m not in the mood to even talk. But at the end, I pick it up.

“Hello?” I groan.

“Essie,” he whispers. I quickly recognize his voice—Alex.

“Why are you calling me?” I roll my eyes. His bedroom is downstairs. He could’ve just gone up and knock my door, unless he’s just that lazy.

“Hey, are you downstairs?” he spontaneously asks.

“Why would I be?”

“Someone’s downstairs,” he announce. “What if it’s a robber?”

“What if it’s only your crazy imagination?” I add full sarcasm in it.

“For once, I’m not in the mood for sarcasm. I’m deadly serious,” he hisses.

“Fine, I’ll go downstairs,” I huffs.

“No!”

“Then what do you want, for pete’s sake!”

“Just warm your butt on your bed and don’t go anywhere. Remember, do not go anywhere!” he warns.

“Okay, okay, fine,” I sigh and cut the phone call off. I mute myself and try to hear any single creaking voice from downstairs. Nothing. What is Alex seriously thinking? This is not funny! I should’ve realizes that stupid prank of his. That is so uncool.

I rant about it until my mouth gone dry. My throat immediately screams for water. I cringe from how dry my throat is and decides to go out and take a quick drink.

“I’m going downstairs, Alex,” I texts. Alex is typing…, it says. I shrug and turn the doorknob open.

“No! Don’t! I saw the guy going upstairs!” Alex texts back.

But it’s too late. An Asian-American guy appears in the doorstep. 

I guess Alex was saying the truth.

A/N: SUPP! Dun dun dun dun~ Sorry that it's short tho :P Anyways, the mid-semester test is frustrating. But since I already finished studying I decided to update :) Hope you guys like it <3