k

This was my first real kiss not counting the one in kindergarten which we won't speak of. It was a Sunday, middle of summer. You whispered to me and said you were taking a break from service and like the innocent kid I was I followed a few minutes later. You were my first relationship and oh so persuasive. We talked for the first five minutes until you kept getting closer, more touchy. Once again, innocent kid who thought you were being cute.
Then you reached up and booped my nose. When I started smiling you went on your tiptoes and pressed a kiss against my lips. I remember turning red, closing my eyes and maybe, just maybe sighing a bit. You stepped back and grinned, a little nervous "was that okay?" And in response I simply kissed you again.
It's too bad the custodian came shuffling around the corner forcing us to jump apart and act as if we were simply taking a break from the hot sanctuary. I remember when he left you grabbed my hand and pulled me into the bathroom, checking if anyone was in there. You kissed me again and again, I almost missed the end of service. When I came back my mom assumed I was sick by how flushed I was. She immediately took me home. We talked that night and I only blushed whenever you teased me.
When I remember how we turned out, I almost feel sad. Mostly because of how I'll always remember that kiss. Two, then, church girls kissing in the church hallways almost caught by a custodian. We had many other other kisses but that had to be our most memorable. People always gasp when they hear my first kiss was in church, I guess I'll always be a rebel thanks to you! But I don't mind. It's a good thing to be.