Blood 15: THE POISON

Training with Matteo was, thankfully, my last class of the day. I asked him to be my coach again despite of the fight we had days ago.

I knew he was sorry for using me for Tommy Giordano.

But for me, forgiveness takes time and efforts to give it to someone like him. I wanted to give him a chance. I wanted us to be friends again. Besides, we had to work together to destroy the serum.

"Toffee, lumalakas na ang kapangyarihan mo. I can feel it around you," sabi ni Matteo habang nagliligpit ito ng mga gamit niya.

I turned to him and said, "Honestly, I don't know what to do about it anymore. It's getting strong and fast. Natatakot ako na baka kontrolin ako nito."

Totoo iyon. May mga oras na nagigising na lang ako sa kama ko na may apoy, yelo, lupa at mga dahon sa paligid ko.

Sure enough, it couldn't harm me but I was afraid that it would hurt all the vampires I cared about.

Tumaas ang kilay nito. "Lahat naman dumadaan diyan, Toffee. At first, I didn't have control over my powers. It took me months to channel it."

"Sinusubukan ko naman eh," I paused for a while and continued, "I just don't understand why I can't channel the season I want to use."

"Well, I think you have to drink first before you drain yourself in thirst," he suggested playfully.

"Probably, that's a good idea." Ngumiti ako sa kanya bago umalis ng Training Hall.

I really need blood for now. I feel restless, I thought.

Naglalakad na ako papuntang canteen nang biglang may mabangga ako sa gitna ng hallway.

"Lee Ann?" gulat kong tawag sa kanya.

"T-Toffee," kinakabahan na sabi nito.

I smiled at her, but the sight of her made me want to cry. In the last two days since Shienna was murdered, her appearance had deteriorated. Her skin and lips were so pale she looked as though she had been drained of blood.

Lumapit ako dito at hinawakan ang kanyang kamay. "Are you okay?"

"I-I did something stupid, Toffee. I couldn't forgive myself," naiiyak na sabi nito sabay takbo palayo sa akin.

When I tried to grab her, I saw a cut bleeding on her right arm.

Where did she get that? Was she also attacked when Shienna was murdered? I asked myself curiously.

Of course, she might have gotten it from the fight. But I wondered. I wondered very much.

I was about to follow her when someone came in front of me. "Toffee, leave her alone."

Napakunot-noo ako. "She needs a friend, Paul. I want to be with her."

"But she needs personal space," he said right away.

Nice try, Paul. You're a traitor!

I wanted to shout those words at him, but I asked him instead, "Was she attacked as well? She got a cut on her arm."

"To be honest, I couldn't remember where she got it," he paused and continued, "I was unconscious during the attack, and she was the only one who's awake."

He's right. The moment Matteo arrived in the Headmaster's Office, Paul and Shienna were the only one lying on the floor, while Lee Ann was nowhere to find.

"Anyway, I told Matteo to check on her. So whatever you're thinking of doing, just don't, okay?" biglang sabi ni Paul at walang paalam na umalis.

Bitch, I thought with bitterness.