Blood 18: THE ESCAPE

I was beyond disappointed. I was filled with anger, guilt and pain just thinking of losing my friends because they saved me.

Doctor Marcus didn't allow me to leave the Impure Defenders' Quarter and basically get the cure from Red Mountain. He didn't trust me to the point that I was locked up in my own room, losing the chance to save the vampires I truly cared about- Matteo and Tristan.

Sure enough, he promised that he would find the cure through the powers of all the Healers in this quarter. But we're running out of time.

I need to escape! I thought in panic.

But there were three Impure Defenders outside the room, watching every suspicious move I could possibly do. I could use my powers to them, but I was afraid that I would lose my control in the process. Worst, I might kill them, trigger my own genes and forget my own humanity. I won't let that happen again.

I would do everything to keep my Triggered Genes dormant, I promised myself.

Habang nag-iisip ako kung paano makakatakas mula sa kanila, biglang bumukas ang pinto at niluwa nito si Lee Ann. She was holding a gun when she stepped closer to me.

"We're leaving now, Toffee! Come on!" sigaw nito dahilan para sumunod ako sa kanya.

Napalingon ako sa buong paligid ko at nagulat nang makita ang tatlong Impure Defenders na walang malay at nakahandusay sa sahig.

"Don't worry, they're not yet dead. I just put a serum on their drinks that would make them unconscious for a while," paliwanag ni Cloven sa amin.

Naguguluhan na tumingin ako sa kanya. "Y-You're with us, aren't you?"

"I'm a Healer, Toffee. I won't let anyone die under my power. Besides, I can contain the healing serum of the flower," she replied, looking sincere.

"Come on, guys! They're coming for us!" paalala ni Lee Ann sa amin.

Together, we ran towards the corridor and entered the elevator as fast as we could. We were all catching our breath as we thought the possibility of being caught.

"We need to get on the chopper at all costs," Cloven told us.

I looked at her in doubt. "D-Do you know how to drive?"

"Bite me," she said coolly.

Napangiti si Lee Ann sa sinabi nito. "We're also taught how to use machines, Toffee."

I sighed in relief, but then I remembered something. "How about the weapons we need?"

"Done. All we have to do is to get ourselves on the chopper," Cloven answered right away.

Hinawakan ni Lee Ann ang pinto ng elevator at pinikit nito ang kanyang mga mata. "I can feel them. I can feel their powers- steels, metal ropes, lights and glasses."

"I'll deal with the lights," Cloven volunteered.

I stared at them and said, "I can handle both steels and glasses."

"Then the metal ropes are mine," Lee Ann sealed the conversation.

We couldn't ignore the tension anymore when the elevator finally stopped from moving. Lahat kami ay napahinto at natahimik sa loob nito. Bawat isa ay nakikiramdam sa buong paligid namin. We finally reached the rooftop and we're not sure what danger was waiting for us outside.