Chapter 5

The weekend passed and before they knew it they were back at school. It was Wednesday and Betty had just finished a lunchtime cheerleading practice, as they had their first game of the year, that Friday. Once she was done, she changed in the locker room and went straight to the blue and gold to meet her boyfriends. They were both sat on the couch when she walked in, and smiled when they spotted her. "Hey" she grinned, dropping her bag on the floor and sitting in the middle of them. "Hey baby" Archie said, kissing her. "How was practice?" Jug asked, pecking her lips. "Tiring!" She sighed. "But it was good" she smiled. "Are you already for the game?" Archie asked and Betty nodded. "It will be nice to watch my boyfriend playing football and my girlfriend cheerleading" jug said. "Even if I will be alone" he smirked and the others laughed. "You'll have Kevin and the others" Betty pointed out with a grin. After spending the rest of lunch together, they all went to chemistry, which was a class they shared together. They sat next to eachother and started listening when the teacher walked in. At the end of the lesson, the teacher told them about their new project. "You're next project will be in groups of three or fours" dr beaker announced and Archie, jug and Betty all smiled at eachother, already knowing they would do it together. "It will be due in, in two weeks time" he explained. Eventually class was over and the three lovers spilt up to go to their last classes...

Betty's last class was art, something she loved and was really good at, but only a Few people knew that. She was currently working on a painting of a landscape and was almost done, she only needed to work on it for a few more day's. Her art teacher was lovely and would always let Betty work in the art room whenever she wanted. So at the end of the day, that's where jughead and Archie found her; her hair up with paint on her nose and her headphones in. "Hey you!" Jug smiled and Betty pulled her headphones out. "Hey guys! Sorry I'll be ready to leave in just a minute!" She apologised, still painting. "We're in no rush babe.... that's amazing!" Archie said, looking at her canvas. "Thank you" Betty blushed. "You're so talented betts" jug praised. "You really like it?" Betty asked, insecure about her work. "We love it! It's so good!" Archie said, taking his phone out and snapping a picture. "Dad will love this" he said. "I'll just finish this little bit then I'll be done for today" she exclaimed and the boys watched as she worked, in awe of her. When she was done, she cleaned up and grabbed her bag and was ready to go. They all made their way out of school, to start their walk home. "Are you coming for dinner?" Archie asked, as they stopped outside their houses. "Not today, mom wanted me home" Betty said, hesitantly looking at her house. "Hey" jug said, grabbing her attention. "If you need us, you call us okay?" He said and Betty nodded, before kissing them both goodbye, and walking into her house.

As soon as Betty shut the door, her mother came out the kitchen. "I was cooking tonight, but you look like you've eaten too much this week, so you should just go to your room and do your homework" Alice snipped and before Betty could say anything Alice started talking again. "And none of that art shit, it's not proper work and you're not good at it!" She snapped and turned back into the kitchen, leaving Betty standing there with tears in her eyes, before running to her room and slamming the door. She shut her curtain so Archie and jughead couldn't see her from Archie's bedroom window and she dropped to the floor crying; ever since her father was in-prisoned, her mother had changed and was emotionally and sometimes physically abusive. Obviously, everyone around her could see what was happening but Betty was good at hiding it and had never come out and told people what was happening.  But as she was crying on her floor, she decided enough was enough and she need to tell the people she trusted the most.

Archie, Fred, FP and jughead were all sat about to eat dinner, when the doorbell rang. "I'll get it" Fred said, and stood up, walking to the door. However, he wasn't expecting to see Betty on the other side of the door, makeup running down her face as she cried. "Betty?! Are you okay honey?!" He asked, concern plastered across his face. "No" she cried and Fred pulled her inside where she walked over to everyone else. As soon as her boyfriends spotted her, they shot up, worry and concern flooding through them, as they rushed over to her, FP and Fred behind them. "What happened?!" "Are you okay?!" They demanded but Betty just continued to sob; they sat her down on the couch and each took a seat next to her, helping her calm down and to slow her breathing. When she felt better, she took a shaky breath and said "I really need to tell you guys something".