Chapter 10

The next morning, the three lovers were in Archie's kitchen, cooking breakfast. "Are you guys heading to the community centre with me?" Archie asked, making eggs. "Yeah" jug nodded, Betty agreeing. "Okay cool, we can go after we've eaten" Archie said. When breakfast was done, they plated it up and set it on the table. "You okay babe?" Jug said, looking at Betty. "Yeah why?" She asked, sitting down. "You're just a little quiet" he said, softly. "I'm okay, just tired" she yawned and the boys laughed. "Probably from your debut as a cheerleader" Archie grinned and Betty blushed.

After breakfast, they all got ready for the day, and as it was a nice day, they walked to the community centre. "Are there going to be kids there today?" Betty asked and Archie shook his head. "No, i Just have to go and clean and sort some things out" he exclaimed. When they got there, they all helped Archie clean up. Betty bent down to grab a broom and felt a familiar ache in her stomach. Her eyes widened as she mentally calculated the date; groaning when she realised she forgot she was supposed to come on her period. Her annoyance then turned to worry when she then realised that she didn't have a pad or tampon with her, or at Archie's, as all her stuff was at jugheads trailer. Betty quickly put the broom down and rushed to the bathroom, pulling her skirt down and seeing she was too late, she'd bled. "Damn it!" She cursed. Betty had never really spoken to her boyfriends about periods, because Alice always told her that boys found it gross and Betty didn't want to make them disgusted with her. She knew she couldn't go to the store because her boyfriends would notice, so not knowing what else to do, she called Veronica. After trying to call her, without answer, Betty didn't know what else to do...

"Hey where's betts?" Archie asked jug, coming out of the office and only spotting his boyfriend. "Erm I think she went to the bathroom" jug said, looking around. After another five minutes, Betty didn't come back in and the boys went to find her. "Betts?" Archie Said, knocking on the bathroom door. "You okay?" He asked, when there was no answer. "I'm fine! Go away!" She called through the door, but her voice was shaky, and the boys were concerned. "Babe? Can we come in?" Jug asked, making Betty panic. "Erm...n..no! Don't!" She stressed. "Baby, you're worrying us, we're coming in" Archie said, opening the door. The sight of her worrying them even more; she was pacing the floor, tears falling down her face and her breathing erratic. "Betts? What's wrong?" Jug said, as they walked over to her. "I...ahh!" She groaned, as she doubled over, gripping the sink as her stomach cramped. "Betts, what happened?!" Archie demanded, their concern only worsening. "I can't say" she cried. "Why not?" Archie asked. "I...i..." she tried to say. "Okay honey, you need to calm down, breath with me" jughead said, taking her hands and coaching her through some breathing techniques. Once her breathing was back to normal, they asked her what happened again. "I...my period" she whispered, not looking at them. "You came on your period?" Archie asked, softly and she nodded. "And I don't have anything with me" she told them, gesturing to the small blood stain on her skirt. "Oh baby, that's okay, why didn't you tell us?" Jug asked, rubbing her back. "I...my mom always told me boys hate this stuff" she admitted. "We love you betts, and this is natural, we just want you to feel comfortable" jug told her. "You never have to be embarrassed talking to us about anything" Archie added and Betty nodded. "Okay, now wipe your tears" Archie smiled, wiping her eyes. "How about I run home, grab the truck and head to the store to get some supplies and then take us home so you can clean up?" Archie suggested and Betty nodded, hugging him. "Thank you" she said, and he kissed her. "Anything for you" he grinned. "Okay, come on you let's lay down in the office" jughead told her, taking her hand.

When Archie got back, he found Betty wrapped up in jugheads arms, laying on the couch. "Here honey" he told her, handing her a bag. "Thank you" she said, before rushing to the bathroom. "I hate Alice Cooper" jughead sneered when she was out of sight. "Me too" Archie agreed. A couple of minutes later, Betty was back and they got into the truck, heading to jugheads trailer. "I'm going to clean up..." Betty said, shyly. "Okay, do you need anything?" Jug asked, cupping her cheek and kissing her. "I'm okay" she smiled. "I picked up some snacks as well, and a heading pad" Archie explained to jughead. "Sounds good, I'm going to make us all hot chocolate" jug said, moving into the kitchen. When he was done, Betty walked back in, in her comfy pyjamas and was holding her previous clothes. "Erm...these are dirty" she blushed. "That's okay baby, we can wash them" jug smiled, assuringly. "Here I'll put them in the wash" Archie said, going to grab them but Betty pulled them back. "They have my blood on..." she said, looking down at her feet. "Betts, I don't mind" he told her, lifting her chin up and pecking her lips before taking her clothes and putting them in the washer. "Thank you" she said gratefully, wrapping her arms around his middle. "Here you go" jug said, passing them both a hot chocolate and then they all sat on the couch. "Owww!" Betty whined, twisting on the couch, trying to relieve the pain in her stomach. "Let me get you the heating pad" Archie said. "It hurts" betty cried. "I know baby, I'm sorry" jug said, stroking her cheek. "Here betts" Archie said, helping her attach the heating pad and then sitting back down. "Is that okay?" He asked and Betty nodded. "Do you want anything to eat?" Jug asked but she shook her head, burying deeper into her blanket and falling asleep...