Chapter 16

The next day, was Sunday and Betty woke up alone in the tent. She shrugged on Archie sweatshirt and unzipped the tent, walking out. "Hey baby" jug said when he spotted her. She had bed hair and her eyes were still sleepy. "You weren't there" she pouted, walking into his open arms. "Sorry betts" he said, kissing her head. "Me and arch came to make breakfast" he told her, and Betty noticed the bacon cooking. "Where is arch?" She asked. "He went to fill the water up" he said. Betty stayed in jugheads arms for a few more minutes until he moved to carry on cooking breakfast, so she just took a seat and watched. After a moment, Betty was lifted out of her seat and into Archie's arms, she smiled as she wrapped her legs around his waist. "Good morning!" He grinned, kissing her. "Morning" she mumbled into his neck. "Still tired?" He asked and she nodded. "She's sad she woke up alone" jug teased and arch rubbed her back. "Sorry babe" he apologised. "It's okay" she smiled, pecking his lips. "Are you going to let me down now?" She smirked but he shook his head. "Nope! You're staying right here" he told her and sat down, with her on his lap. "I'm okay with that" she giggled.

Jughead served them breakfast and then Betty went to the bathrooms to get ready for the day. She put on a cute pair of overalls and a T-shirt and brushed her teeth before heading back; however she was surprised when she left the bathrooms and her two boyfriends were waiting there. "What are you doing here?" She asked. "Couldn't let you walk back alone...what if there's another deer?" Jug teased, looking at her cut leg. "Ha, ha" she rolled her eyes and playfully stuck her tongue out at him. "We came to use the bathroom" Archie said, laughing at them. "Okay" she said, taking both their hands as they walked back to their tent. "So what time do we need to leave?" She asked. "Not yet, we have school tomorrow so we should try and get back to riverdale before dinner" Archie said. "There's a small town about an hour from here, it's got some shops and we can stop and get lunch and then head back?" Jug suggested and Betty and Archie agreed. After packing up their bags and the tent, the all climbed into the truck and started their drive to the next town. "Can I chose the music?" Betty asked and the boys groaned. "Pleaseeee" she said, batting her eyes and the boys instantly caved. "Thank you!" She grinned, triumphantly. About twenty minutes into the drive, Betty fell asleep on jugheads shoulder...

"wake up gorgeous..." jug said, softly shaking her. "Mmm" she moaned, trying to hide her face. "We're here betts" Archie Said and Betty opened her eyes. "Really?" She asked. "I slept the whole time?" She asked and they nodded. "You ready to go?" Jug asked and she nodded, climbing out the truck. "Where to first?" She asked, skipping in between them. "There's a bookstore?" Jug said and Archie groaned. "They'll be more shops you like" jug laughed at the look on his boyfriends face. After going in a few shops, betty left the boys to go in a cute little Boutique. There was a few dresses she liked but couldn't decide wether to buy them, so she text Kevin and Veronica; who instantly Said she should buy them. She was about to get them, when the door opened and Archie and jughead walked in. "What you buying betts?" Arch asked. "Just a couple of dresses" she said, holding them up. "You'll look beautiful in them" jug told her. "Thank you" she blushed and went to pay, ignoring their offers to pay for her. "Ready to go and get some lunch?" Archie said when she was done and she nodded, taking their hands as they walked to find a restaurant.

"I had a really nice time this weekend, thank you" Betty said, as they paid the bill and left the restaurant. "You're welcome baby" jug grinned, as Betty kissed both of them. "We had a great time too" Archie smiled. As they arrived back at the truck, Archie climbed into the drivers seat, Betty in the middle and jughead in the passenger. "Ready to head back?" Archie asked and they both nodded. "How long is the Journey home?" Betty asked.  " a couple of hours" jug said. The drive was going relatively well, for half an hour until Betty started to squirm in her seat. "You okay?" Archie asked, and she nodded. "Are you sure?" Jug asked. "I'm fine" she said, but there was a horrible feeling in her stomach. "I..." she started and then suddenly, shot up in her seat. "Can you pull over please!" She said and Archie was confused, but pulled over as Betty all but climbed over jughead, out of the truck and threw up on the side of the road. "Oh my god! Are you okay?" Jug said, as the boys ran over to her, holding her hair. "Sorry" she whined. "Don't apologise, are you okay?" Archie asked as Betty pulled away. "I'm fine...I forgot how bad I get car sick" she groaned, letting jughead pull her up. "You good?" He asked and she nodded. "Are you sure, we can wait a while" Archie said, rubbing her back. "I promise I'm okay" she said, moving to the truck and pulling out a bottle of water. "Okay, but tell us if you're not okay?" Jug said and she nodded.

After Betty's incident, the rest of the drive went fine, and a couple of hours later, they were back in riverdale and at Archie's house. "Hey kids!" Fred greeted them all with hugs. "How was the trip?" He asked and they all told them about their weekend. After talking to Fred, the three of them went into Archie's room. "Betts, why don't you take a shower?" Archie asked. "Yeah, I feel gross" she said, heading into the bathroom. "Urgh, we have school tomorrow" jug sighed, flopping onto Archie's bed. "We do, think we can skip?" Archie laughed, joining him. "Like Betty would let us" jughead scoffed. "That's true" Archie grinned. The boys heard the shower start and were silent for a few minutes. "You know" Archie started. "That showers big enough for the three of us" he said and jughead smirked....