fifteen

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

-

Chenle came home earlier, carrying a suitcase and a box of items, "Professor Seo packed some stuff for you, and he told me that he entered the room when the other three were attending classes so don't worry about them finding out", he said, a small smile on his face as he goes placing everything in Donghyuck's bedroom.

"Again, thank you so much for letting me stay. I wouldn't even know what to do without your help", the older Omega whimpers softly, pulling the Chinese boy in a crushing hug, "You're truly my savior Lele"

The younger rolls his eyes, "Oh please, I'm being a good friend here, stop being so dramatic. Besides..", the shakes his phone, showing notifications from Cashapp, "Your brother insisted on paying and then transferred me shit ton money, it seems like we're eating good! Because hyung...", Chenle taps his cheeks, "I'm forcing you to cook, Injun ge said you're a good cook"

The other sighed but happiness slowly crept up his insides, "Yeah, that could be settled"

"Great!", Chenle clasped his hands together and pulls away, heading straight to where his boyfriend is, and Donghyuck admires the two. While Chenle is happily babbling about whatever, Eunjae looks at him with such fond eyes, hands running through the younger's fluffy hair and from time to time, chime in to say something that makes the Omega screeches but laughs loudly afterward, pressing a kiss to the corner of his mouth.

That's what soulmates look like, that what's a mated couple should be.

Not him and Mark, always quarreling, not even a split second in peace.

//

Donghyuck has tried his best to not meet Mark the whole week. The older tried to talk with him the day he came back to school from the heat but thankfully, Chenle dragged him away with a very valid opinion of "I don't think you guys should talk if all your thoughts have not been well thought out. Another argument could only make the situation worse" and thankfully, the Alpha respected him enough to do that.

It doesn't mean they are acting like strangers to one another. Donghyuck smiled at him when they walked past each other and Mark took notes for him in the classes he missed while being absent. They're trying to keep things nice and dandy. They have not talked since, but both have come to the realization that before that could become a couple (emotionally or not), they need to figure their relationship out in a healthy way, a mature way, and not sweeping their problems under the rug. After all, when their connection got removed, they cannot return to be rivals anymore. They have to admit that what they did to one another is fucked up and to be honest, Donghyuck is not ready for that talk yet. He is ashamed of what he did.

"Heyyy, are you up for lunch today?", Renjun's voice cuts his thoughts clean, the Chinese boy nudged him, "I'm dreading for some Indian food like...really bad"

 He is content that all of his friends that knew what happened did not cross their boundaries and question him on the things that even Donghyuck is confused about. 

 "Sure, let me finish copying my notes and we could go", Donghyuck hums, "But no Jeno allowed, I'm getting tired being a third-wheel"

 "We're just close friends, Je is not my boyfriend!", Renjun hisses, looking away to the blank wall of their dorm room.

 "Yet, bitch, not your boyfriend yet!", Donghyuck gives him a dirty look, "I swear to God, the moment I leave y'all alone for one night, I'll come back with another friend that got mated"

 "Oh please, we're not that childish", Renjun giggled, "We will have lots of fun today, you'll be able to destress yourself from all the Mark Lee-trouble you've been tangled with recently!"

 "He is not a trouble, yes, we're still having things that have not been sorted out yet but from what I see, we're being extremely friendly with each other", Donghyuck said. 

 "Alright, alright", Renjun pats his shoulder to stop him from talking. The guy zipped up his bag and say, "Let's stop rambling about Mark Lee, we're only talking about us two tonight. It's Renjun and Donghyuck's quality bonding time tonight. How does that sound?"

 "Sounds like something I need right now?"