2

" I believe this is yours, sunshine."

The boy's milky hand laid on the counter slowly revealed a few dollars extra than what I had. My brother only gave me two, but he was sliding four.

I felt my lips fall a gap as I stared at the money cautiously on what to do. Why was he helping me? I didn't need his help, I just needed to find my own money.

" I noticed that you dropped it in that aisle over there and wanted to return it to you." he illustrates pointing over to the aisle that I collected the pop rocks.

I nodded at him nervously grabbing the few bucks and then with my index and middle finger I glided it across the counter to the cashier who kept her eye on the boy, her fingers twirling her long brown curl around her index finger.

" Thank you." I murmur to him shaky as she gives back the two bucks and took the other two. She rings it into her register and gives me back the change. The boy nods at me still surveying me.

I grab my bag gently smiling at the cashier as she nods. I turn away wanting to walk away from the staring boy, but just as I thought he began walking too.

"Have a great day Harry." the cashier chirped a hint of excitement sugar coated her voice. "Bye Daisy, see ya on the flip side." the boy, apparently who goes by the name of Harry chimes to her.

Daisy, is it, seemed pretty flustered with the boy, but who would blame her.

He was beautiful.

I held the money in my hand waiting to get outside to give it back to him. I didn't need his money or his help. I'm not someone you need to feel bad for. I'm perfectly stable to handle my own.

I pushed the door opened letting the bell ring indicating that I was leaving and so was the boy close behind. My keds stepped out into the dirt ground and once back into the spring sun, the boy wasted no time.

" Hey, wait!" he calls causing me to turn towards him and for the moment I could finally take in his allurement.

He was truly breathtaking.

He wore a red floral print button down that was down a few buttons, showing his chest that leaped with black ink, even across his arms. A silver cross necklace dangled from his well-built neck. His lightly washed denim jeans hugged him only to an extent, and his mostly white with a hint of red Nike Cortez clasped to his feet.

My brother always wanted a pair.

His curls laid down to his ear, and the rings on his left hands was basking in the sunshine's glory. The index had a ruby gem ring, the middle being a silver looping, and my favorite on the ring finger being a silver sculpted rose.

I still had my daisy in my hand while the other held my bag and the money.

Before he could continue on, I reached out to him his money, " I believe this is yours." I say, but the boy smiled and shakes his head.

" You can keep it, um.." he declares dragging the 'um' while his finger twirls in the air, seemingly wanting to know something.

My name.

He's not getting that. I can't be seen talking to him. I'd get in trouble, I'd get him in trouble with my peoples.