28

Friday
Last Day of School
Billie Jean

My bum squirmed in the cool metal seat excitedly as my eyes flirted with the clock that ticked closer and closer to two-ten.

It'll be summer time any minute and I'll finally be a senior and Tony will be gone out my hairs, well at school he will be, but not at home.

I'll be able to bash in the sun and roller skate up and down my driveway all day if I please. I'll be sitting at the lake or going to parties. I'll be having later curfews and sleepovers with Dawn.

I turned my head to my right to see Dawn smiling at the clock as well then turning to me with her fingers crossed.

"I'm glad to have got to know each and everyone of you this school year!" my English teacher continues her emotional soaked speech that I've toned out twenty minutes ago.

This was it. Summertime was coming and I was ready for everything it had to offer. From the stiff breeze to my favorite hot pants creeping up my ass when I walked.

I turned my head to Robin who's head was laid on the desk sleep. Lately, this was her and she's blocked everyone out besides Tyrone. It's always them.

I try giving her the space, but it's days where I miss her smile or her laughter.

It's usually just Dawn, Diane, Mary, and I if it's not at the lunch table Robin's gone somewhere. Her nose so far up Tyrone's ass.

As for me, I haven't been to the lake yet, still no sight of my daisy friend and I'm missing him so much.

His creamy hands, those twirling brown curls, and his pink cotton candy lips.

Everything that makes up him is only existent in my memory and I just want him to return in my reality.

Ringggggg!

My eyes jolted to the clock as the bells sounded off and screaming for us to finally be free from the hell of school.

"Summmerrrrr!" a boy shouts making the class burst from their seats grabbing their bags in excitement.

Summer...

It's happening! I leaped from my seat running to Dawn as she grabbed my hands.

"We're finalllyyyy seniors Billie!" she hollers as I jump my pink shirt rising a bit.

"Robin!" I shout flipping my head to her desk only to see that it was already empty. My eyebrows furrowed at such sights. The bell just rang. There's no way she'd be gone that fast.

" Hold on. I'm gonna find Robin. I'll catch you tonight at the annual bonfire?" I say to Dawn excitedly while she hums in thought.

"Please?! Be there!" I beg grabbing my bags as our classmates zoom from the class.

" Maybe!" she groans as I run out the class to find Robin.

The halls raided with kids with their friends or at their lockers clearing them out in a hurry. Luckily I cleaned mines earlier in the week.

"Hey, have you seen Robin?" I asked a girl from chemistry who so happened to be walking with a load of trash.

"Erm, she was just with Tyrone going down the history hall way a few seconds ago. If you hurry you might catch em." she clabbers about while struggling to hold the trash.

"Thanks."

"No problem Billie!" she finished running off with the trash.

I foot down the shortest route to get to the history hall as more kids bolt passed me in bliss that the hard school year was finally over.