TWELVE

AFTER THE TALK WITH HIS HYUNG, MARK WAS READY TO END THINGS WITH YERI. He texted her to ask to meet at the park and she agreed. Mark was nervous, and arrived at the park five minutes before their agreed meeting time.

"Hey Mark!" Yeri ran towards Mark, who was sitting on the bench.

"Hey Yeri." Mark tried his best to put on a genuine smile, but found it hard to do so.

"What did you need to talk about? Seems important if you wanted to meet in real life."

"Yeah," Mark rubbed his hands together, suddenly feeling a bit cold despite the warm weather, "I have something important to say. I just wanted to start by saying you're one of my closest friends. I love you and always will and I hope you will love me too."

"Mark," Yeri giggled, "I will always love you too. It feels like you're dying or something... You know you can tell me anything. What's wrong?"

Mark took a deep breath, "I'm gay and you're the only person who now knows and I'm so sorry and I hope you aren't mad and don'-"

"Calm down," Yeri interrupted Mark's nervous rambling.

Mark closed his eyes, not wanting to see Yeri's (he assumed, disappointed) face.

"Mark, open your eyes,"

Mark slowly opened them, only to see Yeri with a worried expression on her face.

"I am not mad, I will never be mad." Yeri moved closer to him, caressing his cheek softly with her hand, "You're gay. That's okay with me. I wish you told me earlier to be honest."

"I'm sorry," He closed his eyes and leaned into her touch.

"While we're both sharing secrets, I like girls too."

Mark quickly opened his eyes in surprise, "Are you serious?!?"

Yeri laughed loudly. "Yes Mark. I like boys and girls. In fact, I have an eye on a certain Park Sooyoung. I was going to end things with you soon but I didn't want to hurt you."

Sooyoung, Mark was able to recognize the name. Mark sighed, "If it makes you feel any better, I think you two would be a hot ass couple."

Yeri giggled, "Of course. If you put a pretty girl with another pretty girl, you get a visual couple. Who was your gay awakening? Let me guess, Taeyong?"

Mark sputtered, "W-what?!? No! Not Taeyong hyung. It's, it's Lee Donghyuck."

"Are you kidding me? I guess I could've guessed that seeing you texted him during our date."

"Shut up," he blushed. 

"I hope you get your shit together and win his heart. I think he'll be good for you, Mark."

"Thanks. I hope you get Sooyoung's heart."

"I think I already have it," she winked.

"Kim Yerim! Flirting with another while going out with me? I feel cheated on..."

"Shut up, you closeted gay." Yeri fired back, laughing.

"Hey, Yeri, can you keep this between us for now? I don't want this to be a big thing... I don't know what I'll do if my parents find out."

"Don't worry Mark," Yeri made a motion to zip her lips and throw away the key, "Your secret is always safe with me."

"Thanks Yeri."

"Come here, you big goof."

Yeri spread her arms and gave Mark a big hug.

"I feel like if you come out, people will not be kind, and I hope you know I'll always be here for you. You, out of everyone, don't deserve to get shit on, but I'm sorry to say this is how it'll be." Yeri said, voice muffled from being against Mark's chest.

"I'll be okay getting shit on, knowing you'll be there, having my back." Mark smiled, looking down at the shorter girl. Yeri looked up, and smiled back.

"Now, enough of the mushy best friend shit! Time for you to get your man, and time for me to make shit official with my woman." Yeri broke apart the hug.

"I will see you later, loser. Text me how things are with Hyuck! If it goes downhill, I'll come over with chicken and beer! And watermelon since you'll probably be really sad,"

Yeri walked away, waving goodbye. Mark couldn't stop himself from smiling, and waved back.

Mark was glad to have a friend like Yeri.