THIRTY FOUR

RENJUN WAS SITTING WITH JAEMIN, JISUNG, CHENLE, HYUCK, AND MARK WHEN IT HAPPENED. There was a loud commotion near the front of the cafeteria, where some of the basketball team, including Jeno, sat.

At first, no one cared about the yelling. It was the school cafeteria, after all, everyone was loud. However, when Lucas yelled to call the nurse, that caught everyone's attention.

Renjun furrowed his eyebrows, "What the hell is going on?"

"I don't know, let's go find out." Mark stood up.

The 6 boys walked up to the table, knowing that they were getting many stares.

Next to Renjun, Jaemin gasped at the sight. It was Jeno, being held up by Jaehyun. Jeno was completely unresponsive.

"What happened?" Donghyuck said, frantic.

"We don't know," Taeyong responded, trying to keep calm. "He said he was feeling dizzy and just passed out. We're waiting for the nurse."

"Oh my God." Jaemin cried out.

Renjun put his hand on Jaemin's shoulder, trying to calm him down.

Renjun didn't know who Jeno was, until Jaemin started ranting about him and showed Renjun pictures. He then realized that was the kid he had met that one night. The kid who was overwhelmed with stress. The kid who broke up with his boyfriend.

Renjun felt guilty, knowing like he was the reason that Jeno and Jaemin broke up, when Jaemin told him how much he loved Jeno. To be honest, Renjun was confused if Jaemin had a crush on him, or Jeno, or maybe it was both. Renjun wasn't sure why he was happy knowing that he had a chance with Jaemin and why he felt a bit of pity towards Jeno.

Back to present time, it was weird for Renjun to see Jeno. To see the boy who spilled his troubles and worries. To see the boy who stole Jaemin's heart, and broke it.

Renjun felt like it wasn't his place to be there, next to Jaemin. He didn't even know Jeno well enough, and so, he said to Jaemin, "I'll take the two young ones back to the table. You, Hyuck and Mark hyung stay with Jeno, alright?"

"Thanks Renjun."

Renjun turned around to see Jisung and Chenle with visible worry and confusion on their faces.

"Come on, they'll probably need some space. Let's go back." He grabbed the two by the shoulder and took them back to the table.

Once they sat down, Jisung asked, "Do you think Jeno hyung will be alright?"

Renjun wasn't sure how to respond.

"I hope so, Jisung. I really hope so."