TWENTY

AFTER A FEW MORE DAYS OF TALKING THROUGH TEXT, MARK WAS READY TO ASK DONGHYUCK ON A DATE.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

IMESSAGE: HYUCK

mark:
hey hyuck

hyuck:
still cannot believe i was
able to convert u into now a regular
teen... cannot believe i like u despite
the fact that u texted like a grandma

mark:
ok i came here to have a good
conversation but u...
u hurt me instead

hyuck:
sorry boo

mark:
so... our important basketball game
of the season is on friday....
will you come?:)

hyuck:
of course! have to support
one of my best friends!

mark:
oh

hyuck:
jeno!

mark:
??!?

hyuck:
im going to support jeno^^

mark:
... don't know if ur mocking me

hyuck:
what:)

mark:
will u come to the game to support
me? not jeno...

hyuck:
^-^ was that so hard markie
of course <3

mark:
i would also like it if you wore
my jersey... maybe?

hyuck:
O.O
yes!
if you're comfortable with it?

mark:
i don't really care about
what others say...

hyuck:
character development!
we love to see it! mark lee u
brave, beautiful soul<3

mark:
T.T ur babying me like taeyong hyung

hyuck:
let him know i LOVED the fried rice
he cooked for us yesterday... if i lived
with taeyong and his cooking, i would
never have a crush on u...

mark:
ok ouchie

hyuck:
kidding sweetheart<3
ur the only one in my heart

mark:
ok good

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Mark bought a bouquet of flowers (yellow ones, since Donghyuck had mentioned once he loved yellow). He had a solid plan. He would go to the game, win it, and get cleaned up after in the locker room. He would send a text to Hyuck asking him to meet outside, and meet Jaehyun, who would bring and give him the flowers. Then, he'd pop the question.

Mark wasn't nervous. Compared to last (horrible) time, he was more calm and laid-back. He guessed that's what happened when you know your crush likes you back. You have nothing to lose.

During the school day, he kept his jersey in his bag. He was planning on giving it to Hyuck during their gym class, AKA their only shared class.

After gym, as the people in the boys locker room left one by one, Mark walked up towards Donghyuck, leaning against the locker next to his.

"Hey Hyuck," Mark smiled.

"Oh, wow, Mark Lee talking to me at school? That's a first," Donghyuck grinned, locking his gym locker.

"Shut up," Mark took his jersey out of his bag and put it in Donghyuck's hands, "Here's the jersey. I hope to see you with it."

Donghyuck smiled down at the piece of clothing, "I hope you washed this. You smell."

Mark laughed, "Of course. Donghyuck Lee deserves only the best."

Donghyuck blushed at that, "Alright, let's go, you big dork." The two began to walk out of the locker room, "You better kick some ass tonight!"

"That'll end up with me getting a time out, princess."

Donghyuck felt himself flush more at the use of the pet name.

Mark began to worry at the silence of the younger, "Did I overstep too much? Was the nickname bad? I'm sorry I thought it suit you because you're pretty an-"

"It's fine, Mark. I, I like it." Donghyuck shyly looked at him, hoping that Mark would be able to see that he was being genuine.

"Okay, good. See you tonight?" Mark began to walk towards the opposite end of the hallway.

"Yeah, see you tonight."

When Donghyuck went to his next class, Jaemin asked him why he was so red, and Donghyuck flushed even harder.