TWENTY FIVE

JAEMIN FOUND HIMSELF HANGING OUT WITH RENJUN MORE AND MORE. With Jeno busy with school and basketball, Jaemin wanted to give him as much space as possible for him to do his work. Jaemin always caught up with Jeno, texting him "fighting!" texts and sending cute selfies of himself on Snapchat.

To fill the missing Jeno void in his life, Jaemin texted Renjun to hang out. It became a common thing for the two to hang out, whether it was just the two of them or the pair with other friends.

Jaemin liked Renjun. He was kind, funny, sarcastic, and had an amazing artistic skill. One of the things they did together if they were alone was just sit by one another at the park as Renjun painted or sketched. Jaemin liked watching him work, doing his thing. It was oddly calming.

(Jaemin found himself also looking at Renjun rather than the art at times, but he would never admit it out loud. Never.)

One day, it was the two of them, again. Renjun was using watercolors this time. They were sat at a picnic bench table, sitting in front of each other.

"Hey Jaemin?" Renjun asked randomly.

"Yeah?" Jaemin looked up from the art to face Renjun.

"Why does Donghyuck wear the clothing he wears?"

Jaemin stiffened up. He liked Renjun, but he was also ready to defend his best friend at all costs.

"He just simply prefers more feminine clothing." Jaemin shrugged, "Do you have a problem?"

"What? No!" Renjun said, "I was curious. I think it's cool."

"Really?"

"Yeah, do you not?"

"I've never really thought about it too much, but yeah. I like the clothes he wears. They're pretty," Jaemin nonchalantly shrugged.

Renjun looked up from the paper to Jaemin, "Would you wear what Donghyuck wears?"

Jaemin froze. Internally, he was screaming. Jaemin secretly always admired Donghyuck and his looks. He loved it all. He loved the clothes, makeup, and, just everything. Jaemin wished he had the bravery to be as open as his best friend.

Jaemin didn't know if he should lie or not to Renjun. He held onto Renjun's stare, and for some reason, he felt himself trusting the other boy.

"Yeah. I've always wanted to dress like him, but I never really had the balls to do anything about it."

Jaemin was worried about Renjun's reaction.

Renjun shrugged, "I think you'd look pretty."

Jaemin blushed.

He felt shame build up.