FOURTEEN

IMESSAGE: NOMIN AND OTHER

donghyuck:
please pick me up from
the ice cream parlor
please.

jaemin:
hyuck u good????

donghyuck:
no, please hurry

jaemin:
me and jeno are otw????
we're running we'll be there
in 5???????

donghyuck:
ill explain please come

━━━━━━━━━━━━

JAEMIN AND JENO FOUND HYUCK CRYING OUTSIDE THE ICE CREAM PARLOR. Worried, Jaemin quickly ran over and hugged him.

"Oh my god, Hyuck, are you alright?" Jaemin asked.

Donghyuck kept crying, while Jeno and Jaemin led him to a nearby bench to sit him down.

"I'm going to go get some water and tissues from the convenience store. You need anything, Jaem?" Jeno asked.

"I'm alright baby, thank you." Jaemin sent a smile his way while wrapping his arm around Donghyuck's shoulders.

After a few minutes passed, Donghyuck's crying slowed down as Jaemin moved his hand to rub Donghyuck's back.

"Are you ready to talk now?"

"Mark Lee likes me."

Jaemin was confused, "That's great Hyuck? Why are you crying?"

"I fucked it up. I fucked it all up."

"What'd you do?"

"I didn't trust him. I told him it felt like a prank, I told him he's just confused. I invalidated his feelings. I'm such a shit person." Donghyuck started crying again.

"Oh, honey," Jaemin rubbed his back softly again.

"I fucked it all up, Minnie. I am a dick."

"As your best friend, I'm not going to lie to you. You fucked up. I'm assuming you're the reason why he realized he was gay?"

Donghyuck nodded.

"From what I can tell, Mark is not a shitty person. He's a kind person and I would never assume he would ever pull a prank like this."

"It's, it's just the fact that he's Mark. He's everyone's favorite so why am I his crush? I don't believe I am good enough to be the crush of the Mark Lee."

"Donghyuck, if you don't shut up right now, I swear to god I will choke you. You are the most beautiful, kind, funny person in this disgusting ass town, okay, maybe besides Jeno. You are more than good enough for Mark, you are good enough for anyone."

"His teammates are shitheads who are the cause of my self doubt and insecurities."

"Yeah, well, baby, they're also Jeno's teammates, yet he's here, doing his thing. Being gay."

Donghyuck groaned, "I utterly fucked up."

"Yeah, well, it was bound to happen. Everyone fucks up once in a while."

"I'm just so, so tired."

Jeno jogged back with a water bottle and americano in hand, along with a pack of tissues.

"Water for the now dehydrated boy because he cried, also tissues for the crying boy. An americano for my cute boyfriend." Jeno smiled, making his crescent moon eyes show.

"You are the best," Jaemin kissed his cheek.

"Thanks Jeno. I'm tired. You guys want to come over? I'll take a nap and you, Jaemin, can explain to your boyfriend what he missed." Donghyuck stood up from the bench.

"Wow, you're great at treating house guests." Jaemin rolled his eyes, also standing up.

"You guys aren't guests. At this point, you're a part of the family."

"Wow, so kind." Jeno scoffed.

"Shut up."