8. Paying a Visit

"You touch anything and I will burn you." Magnus warned a certain raven-haired Shadowhunter.

Isabelle briefly scanned the room with narrowed eyes, scowling. Jace was right; Magnus was a mess. All it took was one desperate plea from Alec and she came running to the decided destination. Did she want to confront Magnus? Hell no. But some things in life are made to be followed, not chosen. And that is exactly what Isabelle had to deal with. Clary managed to locate the one person who would be able to find Evie. Giselle Morritane. And it turned out that the last person who had some form of communication with her just so happened to be the one person they swore to avoid. Alec's ex.

"Nice," Isabelle's lips quirked ever so quickly, "Very nice."

"If you're here for Alec's stuff, it's in a box in the first room to the-"

"No." She cut off.

"Ah," he rolled his feline eyes. To Isabelle, they seemed dimmer. "Giselle."

She didn't falter. "How'd you find out this time? I'm willing to bet you've got little spies everywhere around the city."

"Good guess, Isabelle. Unfortunately, you're incorrect."

"Magnus, we need to find her-"

"We?" He crossed his arms.

"Yes we. As in Clary, Jace, Simon, Me..." she said. "And Alec."

He sighed. "Fine. She's left the country, didn't tell me where. Probably hiding."

"From what?"

"From you." Now she was the one to sigh. "If not that, at least people like you. Trying to hunt her down for answers she doesn't know."

"Why are you defending her?" Isabelle's left eyebrow rose, daring him.

"She's an...old acquaintance." The way he said it struck a nerve in her and her hand shot to her blade.

"Sure." She squeezed the hilt.

He closed his eyes. "I am so sorry Isabelle."

"What do yo-" A blinding light erupted from behind her. Isabelle unsheathed her blade and whipped around only she was too slow. Blood dripped from her nose as her aching body fell to the floor.

Though her vision was blurry, she could make out two figures looming over her. One was male, another was female. One was Magnus, the other was...Giselle.

"That's two," Her voice was soft and hazy; it was exactly how Isabelle saw her. "Three more to go."

The last thing she saw was Magnus taking out a crumpled piece of paper and furiously crossing something out.

Unfortunately, she failed to capture the tortured expression he had as he crossed out Isabelle's name and circled someone else's.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Yes, I have updated. No 'tis not the end of the world. ^_^
I'm sorry but I'll have to keep this note quite short as of the moment (I'm kind of busy)
As always, thank you so much for reading, love you guys and night ☁️