10. Obdurate

"You're sure about that?" Alec asked Simon.

"One-hundred percent." His blue eyes hardened as he sensed the doubt in Simon's voice. The vampire raised his hands in the air and quickly ran over to where Clary sat. She started picking at the ends of her plaited hair.

They were all sitting on the benches in the park. It was midday and the need to see their friends again motivated them like nothing else. Deciding on a plan didn't take very long at first, but then they realised how every stage contained at least one massive gap. Alec demanded that they need to figure out the plan before acting on it. He'd already learned, from personal experience. He's not making the same mistake again.

•••

"No." Sebastian crossed his arms.

"Please, I'm so hungry!" Evie pulled the best innocent face possible. "Please...?"

He stared at her, sighing. "I can't."

"But Clary got to go to Europe! Why can't I?"

"Because that house's foundation wasn't solid ground." he stated.

"Hmph." She flipped around, ready to storm out, when a little idea filled her head. What if...? "Sebastian."

"Evelyn." At the sound of her name, Evie looked over her shoulder to take one look at him. Crossed arms, his body leaned against the wall and his hair, still immaculate as ever.

"Well..." Evie dragged the l whilst she positioned herself; she was facing him. She took slow steps towards Sebastian, each one echoing throughout the room. She placed her hands onto her hips. He raised his. "What do you want?"

His eyebrows shot up. Then they fell back down. He could see the desperation in her eyes, weakly masked by determination. He smirked. "At some time in the future, I'm going to need you to do something for me."

"Done." Her throat felt as if it was tightening up, but she kept the mask up. What does he have in mind? "As long as it doesn't include anyone dying."

"Nope, no one dies."

"Okay. You have my word." Evie looked away.

"Seal the deal with a kiss?"

Narrowing her eyes, she shot back; "Piss off," before leaving him to laugh to himself.

But just as she walked out, he shouted after her, "Do you forgive me?"

Evie stopped in her tracks. "Yes, I do. Thank you."

"It was my pleasure." She swore her heart skipped a beat.

•••

"Oh Magnus," Giselle sauntered to his side and lifted his clenched fist. She opened his hand gradually...and dropped the vial into it.

Magnus turned away in shame. "Leave."

Giselle looked down at the unconscious girl. Tilting her head, she murmered to herself, "Looks like Cecily." With a quick shrug, she took Isabelle's hand and vanished.

•••

Darkness consumed the room as she flicked the lamp off. Evie wrapped the silk duvet around her, resembling that of a caterpillar during its cocoon stage. Once again, images of Sebastian swarmed her. His looks, his scent, his touch; he was smothering her. His dark eyes, empty yet full, looked through her. Her soul felt exposed and breathing became difficult. She felt around for the lamp. Her hand smacked the switch.

He's the enemy. He tried to kill you then kidnapped you. You hate him. Evie hated the way he made her feel. But not him.

"Sebastian!" A high voice screamed from outside the room.

Someone else is here. Evie gasped out loud. Rolling out of bed and lightly sprinting out of the room was no problem. She found herself hiding behind the door, peering through the ajar door of the living room. It was still dark, though her eyes were able to adjust. And she had to put a hand over her own mouth before her own scream could shatter the windows.

There wasn't just one person, but two. One was Isabelle and the other was a woman who stood over her.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Not again...I'm going through writer's block. I really hate this, I feel so empty without that spark of creativity fuelling me. Please understand that I really want to update regularly for you guys, but it's hard sometimes. Thank you for all the support, I feel like I can't thank you enough.

Now...
900 reads & 55 votes!
That 200 more reads since the last update! This story is nearly to a thousand reads and I'm barely halfway through writing it! I'm crying right now, I love you guys so much! I'll try my best to get the next one updated ASAP!

Merci! <3