ONE

CHAPTER ONE |  THE CRIMES OF THE WITCHES

MANY CANNOT COMPREHEND THE HARMONY BETWEEN THE MOON AND THE SEA.

There was an incredibly early awareness of the moon's connection to the oceans of the world and the cycles of nature, for the Moon affects the creatures of the sea, many of which choose to mate during particular cycles of the tides. In a full moon, some fish are easier to catch and while birds and animals are all affected during the phase of the full Moon, animals are far more active at this time. Though nobody understood why this was, this happened across entire universes - but no moon and sea were anymore connected than the moon and sea in the magical land of Narnia.

The word WITCH is thrown around a lot these days, but what really is a witch? Are they the ugly, evil felines that try to steal ruby slippers after a house is dropped on their sister? Or are they nice and gentle women that grant wishes from bright pink bubbles and live in an eternal beautiful youth? 

Or perhaps they're neither.

Before Narnia was cursed with the one hundred year winter, witches lived among the Narnians in harmony. Witches from the seas, the moon, the fire realms and the earth all gathered together to live in peace with the Narnians on the land to present unity among Narnia. It was as Aslan wished it, for the lion believed that by living as one community Narnia would be a happier place to live in and peace would forever remain. 

But the White Witch destroyed this.

The witch Jadis had been the first evil to enter Narnia, and her corruption would impact it for ages to come. Shortly after her unfortunate arrival, she discovered  that Aslan intended to plant a powerful tree in Narnia that would keep her out of the land, and that a Son of Adam, Digory Kirke, who would plant the tree that would keep her evil in tact for 900 years.

The Tree of Protection.

When Jadis made her own way to the garden containing the tree, she plucked and greedily ate a silver apple of the Tree of Youth giving her  inexhaustible strength and immortality that would keep her alive for the next 1000 years, tormenting the Narnians who lived in the land..