Chapter 9

Do Chi's POV

   A knock sounds at my door.  "Do Chi, it's me."  My mom says.  I roll my eyes.  "Could you please go away?"

She comes in anyway, closing the door and sitting next to me.  I just look at her.  "Do Chi, again, I am so sorry.  I shouldn't have yelled at you like that."

"You said some hurtful stuff.  You said you wish I was never born.  Why would you do that to me?"

She sighs, closing her eyes momentarily.  "I've never told you this, but after coming here to America, I got counseling, and some time after, I got diagnosed with PTSD."

"Wait, so all those times you said you were going to spin class, you were really getting counseling?"

"Yes."  "Why did you lie to me about it, though?"  "Because I didn't want you to worry about me."  "I accept your apology, Mom, but I need time to feel ok again."

"I understand.  I'll get going now."  She leaves my room, and I immediately go to Jasmin's room, plopping down on her bed and laying my head on her lap.  I whimper as I make a pouty face.

She eats a scoop of her ice cream as she's watching TV.  "Ok.  What's gotten into you?"

"I still feel some type of way about what my mom did.  I know she's apologized, but it still hurts."  "Want some ice cream?  I know that always make me feel better."

"Yes, please.  Thank you."  "Ahh, you're welcome, you little baby."  She says with a smile.  She takes her spoon and scoops up some ice cream.

"Open wide."  "Aaaaaahhhh."  I say, opening my mouth.  She puts the ice cream in my food hole.  "Mmmm."  I say as I eat the ice cream.

"You're so cute."  She gushes with a smile.  "Hehe, thank you."  I say, smiling.

I wrap my arms around her.  She continues to spoon feed me ice cream.  "You have really soft legs.  I like laying on them."  I say.

"Thank you.  The secret is to put lotion on directly after every shower."  I rub my cheek against her thigh.  Soooooooo sooooooft.

This is why I like girls.  They're so smooth and soft, and they smell good like flowers.  Jasmin smells like...actual Jasmine.

"Is this how it's gonna be having you as my stepsister if they ever got married?"  "Pretty much."