Chapter 35

Jasmin's POV

   Joan Chi and I are walking through a botanical garden.  "I'm glad you took me here.  The flowers are really pretty."  I say to her.

"I wanted us to bond some more.  I'm glad that you're ok with the wedding happening.  It took awhile, but we finally got there."

"Yeah, I just......needed some time to adjust, y'know?"  She nods her head.  "I get it.  Having new people in your life can be a big deal sometimes, especially if you weren't expecting it."

"I just want to let you know I never hated you or anything.  You're a really dope woman, and you're the best thing that's ever happened to my mom.  Hell, if you weren't hers, I'd have you for myself."  I joke with a smile.  She giggles.

"What do you think of when you look at a flower?"  My face changes at the question.  I know the exact answer.

"I think of Gisette."  "Why?"  "She was beautiful.  She was sweet.  She brightened up the whole world.  Her awesome personality and beauty never wilted.  She really was like a second mom to me.  She was always there for me.  Most importantly, she was always there for my mom.  I miss her......  I miss her a lot."

Joan immediately embraces me, me embracing her back.  I've never realized how nice she smells.  "I know it's tough without her, but I want you to know that she loves you, and she thinks you're great."

"I know that you'll be here for me, too.  You're gonna be a good stepmom."  "It makes me smile to hear that."  She says as she rubs my back.  I can hear the smile in her voice.

We let go and continue to walk.  "What's your favorite flower?"  "Tulips.  I think they're so beautiful in their simplicity.  What about you?"

"I have two, purple clematis and yellow roses.  The clematis remind me of Gisette, and the roses remind me of Do."

"You like my daughter, huh?" 

My eyes mentally get big.  "Yeah........ She's a dope person to be around."  She smiles.  "Well I'm glad to see you two getting along.  It took awhile for it to happen."

I definitely like her alright.

I'm dating your daughter, which is my soon-to-be stepsister.  Oof.

"I'm glad I warmed up to her.  She's definitely special.  You've done a great job."  "I appreciate that.  All I ever want to do is protect Do Chi, and be a good example for her.  I want her to know that she has value, and she should never let anyone walk over her or take her value away."

"You're a great example of what a real woman is like.  If I have to have another stepmom, I'm glad it's you."