Momma Bear

You're preparing dinner for the family, your youngest son Angel who is currently two years old sitting on your hip as you move around the kitchen. A task that you're use to, but finding it more difficult seeing as you're currently seven months pregnant with another baby. You had a lot of food to prepare to feed your large family of six, a long task, so your back and feet were in constant protest.

Oscar was currently outside cutting the over grown lawn, your two elementary school aged boys, Anthony(9) and Carlos(6) sitting on the couch playing a video game. Junior, your eldest son most likely upstairs on his phone.

You look over when Oscar walks in, his shirt now off and draped over his shoulder due to getting hot,"Smells good mamas." He says as he goes over to the sink to wash his hands.

"Thank you. It still has a little time left before it's all finished, so if you want to go take a quick shower you can." You inform him as you move the red rice around. Oscar hums in understanding, drying his hands with the towel before coming behind you and placing a kiss to your shoulder.

"Want me to take him? The boys can watch him while you finish up." He offers softly in your ear, referring to Angel who was just fine with holding onto you and leaning his head on your shoulder.

"No. Stay with my mommy." The two year old responds quickly as Oscar holds his hands out and tries to reach for him. Oscar fake pouting at the response, already use to getting rejected by him when it comes to you.

"It's fine. I don't want him to start crying." You chuckle and spin to give him a proper kiss,"Go shower...you smell like outside." You say to him with a scrunched up nose.

"Si jefa."(yes boss)

You laugh and shove him away with your free hand, before turning back to the food. You hear Oscar whistle at the two boys when he walks through the living room, smacking one of them playfully with his shirt,"Aye, pause that shit and go set the table for your mom. The both of you." He demands, the tv growing silent as they hurry and scramble to their feet.

"Hi mom." Carlos says as he races to grab the plates, his brother grabbing the silverware. They head into the connected dining room and run around the table getting everything ready for later. You shake your head as you watch them, only moving at a fast pace so they can get back to their game. You check on the chicken, picking off a piece to try, before blowing on it and taking a bit into your mouth. Angel happily eating the other half of the small left over piece when you offer it to him.

"Bye mom!" Anthony says when they both completed their task, the two of them jumping back onto the couch and pressing play. You turn off the pan for the potatoes as you hear the sound of feet coming down the stairs, Junior finally making an appearance.

"Oh, so you are apart of this family." You tease as he hops onto the counter a few feet away, kicking his legs back and forth.

"I was busy." He chuckles as your back reaches it's breaking point.

"Busy? Want to share with what?" You ask as you walk over and hold out Angel for him to take, the younger boy starting to whine in protest before you give him 'that' look. His bottom lip sticks out but he doesn't say anything else as he lets his older brother take him.

"I was talking to someone...a girl." He says with a love struck grin, bouncing Angel up and down on his knee.

"A girl?" You say, surprise laced in your voice,"What's her name? Do I know her?"

"No you don't and it's Carmen." He says as you take a few feet back to the stove,"Carmen Chavez." He sighs contently, his eyes glazed with love.

Carmen." You repeat,"So I'm guessing by the look on your face you like this girl."