Chapter 5: Practical Training I

One of the things both Shoto and Momo would be pressured about was practical training. For Shoto, it was all to overcome his father's image in his mind and for Momo, it was getting over her habit of overthinking.

When Mr. Aizawa came into the class bringing in Ms. Midnight, she knew the day would involve field combat.

"I think you can guess why I brought Ms. Midnight into the class today," Mr. Aizawa guessed. As usual, he was in his yellow sleeping bag, looking like a toasty larvae. His eyes were tired, wrinkled and in need of some rest.

"I'm excited to assist you all on training," Ms. Midnight remarked and threw her whip on the air.

Mineta was already drooling. "Best day of my life," he muttered.

"I leave the class to you," Mr. Aizawa said to Ms. Midnight and quickly slumped his body against the wall. She nodded and for a few seconds, the class could see that she was planning to enjoy the training.

She guided everybody to Grounds B and explained that the training would involve pairs. The students expected for one pair to battle another pair in the field. However, Ms. Midnight decided for the training to be a little different.

"We will have a strategy training today. Do you know what a strategy training is?"

"A training that involves strategy. Easy," Kaminari confidently spoke up. Ms. Midnight didn't even respond to this statement.

Momo beamed. "If it's a training involving pairs, in such operations, one shall carry out the work in the field and another one behind a screen. Some people differentiate the pair by calling them bodies and brains. One making sure the work is done and another one making sure the work can be done."

"That's an excellent explanation

"That's an excellent explanation."

In that moment, Shoto quickly stole a glance to Momo and they both nodded. It was their silent way of agreeing that they shall team up with each other.

"Each of you will move in pairs. In a pair, one shall be the strategist and another one, the combatant. You understand? One shall enter the field and the one shall be behind the computer, giving instructions."

Everyone gasped and realized that not many from the class was used to strategy. Many looks fell onto Midoriya and Momo.

Ms. Midnight brought them into the operation room, where there were computers and equipments needed to make sure the training would be smooth sailing. She picked up some equipments such as a tiny mic and earphones before briefing the students.

"You will use these to survive the training. One will be behind the computer, seeing everything from a bird's eye and telling the combatant what to do. The combatant is responsible to listen and use their Quirks following the strategist, you hear me? I do not want anyone to break their partner's trust."