Chapter 25: Proposal

Would it be possible to put two busy, independent people together if they seem to not even need each other?

It had been 4 years since they graduated from U.A. High School, but Momo and Shoto had never once brought on the topic of marriage.

As adults, they had been too busy catching up with their lives.

Shoto, working alongside top-tier heroes such as Deku and Ground Zero, was becoming more popular and slowly taking his father's place.

His skills and his outstanding Quirk made him quite the sought out hero for any operations that would require combat strength.

Momo had too much going on in her life too. She had multiple times been on a flight to observe the new chief executive for the United States branch of the Yaoyorozu company.

She was also known to participate in operations that require infiltration, spying and versatile backup party.

They couldn't even find times to go on proper dates.

If Shoto was in a bad mood, it was usually because Momo was back in Japan but he couldn't find the right time to see her.

It was either he'd be stuck fighting other villains when she was free or she'd have other appointments during his off days.

After quite a long time of texting and video-calling, they both had been summoned to aid the city of Yokohama after an earthquake.

Since some buildings toppled down and a number of people were trapped, the government required all the help they could get.

Deku, Ground Zero and Shoto moved together from Shizuoka after attending a meeting with some police officers regarding a new enemy hideout.

Creati and her current partner, Battle Fist were coming from Musutafu after taking down a company that performed wicked plastic surgeries on its patients and turning them into pawns.

Momo and Shoto weren't informed that they'd meet at the ruins of Yokohama.

Those with offensive battle Quirks were in charge of removing the rubble and saving people who were trapped in the ruins.

Quirks that needed for support were used to assist the injured to the nearest shelter and check on their well-being, both physically and mentally.

Momo saw a kid calling to her and she dashed without seeing the huge pole that was about to topple.

She summoned the kid out, but he was shaking with fear. "Are you okay, little boy? Can you reach out to my hand?"

He didn't look stuck, but it was hard getting him to move. "I-I want my mother."

"We saved your mother and she's currently at the shelter. If you don't come out, she's going to be very worried about you. You don't want that to happen, right?" Momo persuaded him.

"My mother is safe?" he asked.

"Yes. She's waiting for you."

The boy smiled excitedly and put his hand in Momo's. The coldness of his skin prickled Momo and she quickly created a large wool blanket to wrap over him. She could tell that he enjoyed the warmth as he snuggled into it.

"All comfy?" Momo queried.

"Very! Thank you, miss!" He displayed an eager smile, feeling safe and wanting to see his mother.

As Momo tried dragging him out while asking him if he had other family members, she heard the sound of the remaining wreckage breaking down.

She had to think fast. To avoid the boy from being worried, she had to not alert him. To avoid herself from getting hurt, she must push the boy away.