Chapter 1

Shuichi's POV

 I found myself waking up in a room that was completely white, the bright lights hurting my eyes. I carefully sat up to see two other beds located in the room, in those bed were Maki and Himiko. I don't exactly remember how I got here or what had happened, only thing that came to mind was the killing game and how it all ended. I looked over to see my hat placed on the table besides the bed I was in, I sighed and picked it up. I looked at the hat for a while until I saw movement from one of the other beds. Maki had woken up and looked around confused.

 "Shuichi? Where are we, and why do we have hospital gowns on?" she wondered.

 "I don't know actually, do you remember how we got here?" I asked.

 "No, you're the detective aren't you?"

 Suddenly the door to the room opened, outside stood a group of familiar faces. It was all the students we thought had died during the killing game. I felt tears start to form in my eyes as I saw Kaede, Kaito, and Kokichi standing in the doorway with bright smiles. Behind those three were the rest of the victims and killers, they all rushed into the room and began showering us with hugs and tears.

 "I'm so glad you're finally awake Shuichi!" Kaede cried, hugging Shuichi's arm.

 "Yeah! I'm glad to see my sidekick is finally awake and healthy!" Kaito cheered, gently punching my arm.

 "Shumai~ it was so lonely without you! I missed you, after all you are my favorite," Kokichi laughed jumping onto the end of the bed.

 "How did I get here?" I asked, scratching the back of my head.

 "You mean you don't remember?" Kaede questioned, wiping her tears away.

 "I want to explain what happened! I'm great at explaining," Kokichi cheered, putting his hands in the air. "So after keeboy blew up the entire school you three walked outside and were on the moon! You all almost exploded but luckily I was there and saved you all!"

 "That's not what happened at all!" Kaito argued, I laughed.

 "Basically what happened is after you guys stepped out, you were surrounded by hundreds of news reporters asking what had just happened and you guys all passed out from exhaustion and now you're here. It turned out the killing game was all some game show and nobody actually died, we all got to watch the killing game play out from some special lounge," Kaede explained.

 I nodded thinking about what I had just been told, looking around the room to see everybody talking to one another. Tenko was crying, hugging Himiko as Angie sat on the edge of the bed. Maki was now on her way over to where we were with Rantaro following close behind. Gonta, Miu, and Kirumi were headed over to where Tenko was crying, excited and happy expressions were all over their faces.

 "Are you okay Shuichi?" Kaito asked.

 "Yeah, why?" I wondered.

 "You're crying," Kaede spoke calmly, pointing at my tears.

 I moved my hand to my face and felt my tears slowly pouring from my eyes down my cheeks, staining my face. I sniffled and began crying even harder, I can't believe everybody is still alive.

 "I-I'm just glad y-you're all alive," I managed to say, choking up a bit.

 "Awwww Shumai~" Kokichi fake cried, hugging me.

 I felt Kaeda, Kaito, and Rantaro also hug me too, while Maki awkwardly stood behind us watching. Suddenly Kaito rapped his arm around Maki's neck pulling her into the hug as well, making her slightly blush. I slowly hugged them all back, sobbing as I was so happy to see them all once again.

 "We aren't going anywhere Shuichi, and you can believe that," Kaeda smiled warmly.

 "Yeah! Since you won the killing game I guess I won't have my organization kill you," Kokichi laughed.

 "I guess since the game is over you don't have to be my sidekick anymore," Kaito laughed, ruffling my hair.

 Kokichi picked up my hat and put it on his own head and smiled. He began to pull the hat over his eyes like I used to at the beginning of the killing game.

 "Guys look, I'm Shumai now!" Kokichi joked.

 "What are you going to do with that hat?" Kaede asked.

 "I'm not exactly sure, I don't really need to wear it anymore but, I don't want to get rid of it," I sighed, taking the hat from Kokichi's head.

 Suddenly a nurse walked into the hospital room, grabbing everybody's attention.

 "I'm glad to see you three are awake," she began. "Anyways, you will all be attending a normal high school now that you've waken up. Classes start next week and the school comes with dorms if you would like to stay there. The dorms are two person dorms though."

 She walked out of the room and everybody continued talking as if nothing had happened. I noticed Kokichi had seemed quiet after hearing the news, did this bother him? I noticed a change of clothes on the table next to me and excused myself to go change into normal clothes. I walked into the bathroom and sighed.

 I looked at my face, I looked completely exhausted, and very skinny. I sighed once again and began putting on the clothes they had left for me, it was the same outfit I had on in the killing game. I walked out nervously to see Kokichi sitting on my bed arguing with Kaito who was now standing next to my bed. Maki and Kaede were sitting in stools beside the bed awkwardly watching.

 "What's going on?" I asked nervously.

 "Kokichi over here thinks that I was the sidekick and not you!" Kaito yelled.

 "Shumai did all the work though! You just forced him to talk when you didn't know the answer!" Kokichi argued back.

 "Guys stop fighting it's okay, really," I laughed awkwardly.

 "Whatever you say," Kaito sighed.

 I sat down on the hospital bed beside Kokichi and continued talking and laughing with everybody. It felt good to catch up with everybody once again after so long.

 Thank you for reading chapter one everybody! Some of you may have read some of my Todoroki and Deku stories in the past but, I don't really like those stories anymore so I took them down. Anyways since I have a ton of free time now I decided to give writing another story a try. I hope you all enjoy the story so far and I'll see you next chapter!