Chapter 7

Shuichi's POV

 I woke up to see Kokichi sleeping peacefully on my chest, I carefully pet his hair and he smiled. I soon heard a knock at our door, not wanting to wake Kokichi I carefully got up and quietly opened the door. As I slowly opened the door I peaked out to see Kaede and Rantaro waiting outside, they both looked horrible.

 "W-What happened to you guys? You both look horrible," I whispered.

 "Thanks you too," Rantaro sighed.

 "We came by to see if you guys made it back okay. After you left to get drinks for us you never came back and I got worried," Kaede sighed.

 "Oh yeah, Kokichi and I left early because I wasn't feeling well," I partially lied.

 "Shumai~ who are you talking to," Kokichi groaned, grabbing onto my shirt.

 "Good morning Kokichi, it's just Kaede and Rantaro," I smiled.

 "What happened to you two? You look like you were hit by a bus," Kokichi yawned.

 "The party got pretty wild last night," Kaede awkwardly laughed.

 "It was probably for the best you guys didn't stay," Rantaro admitted.

 "You guys should probably go home and rest, don't forget to drink water too," I worried.

 "Yeah we will, we also came to say classes got cancelled for the rest of the week, somebody at the party got super drunk and managed to damage a lot of the school," Kaede laughed.

 "Thank you Kaede, Rantaro, you two get some rest," I waved goodbye and closed the door.

 "With school cancelled for the rest of the week, what does my beloved want to do?" Kokichi wondered.

 "I want to spend time with you," I mumbled.

 "What was that~" he asked.

 Lately I've been wanting to spend more and more time with Kokichi, I don't know why. When I was around him my heart beat sped up and my face got warm. I felt safe and comfortable when I was around him, what were these strange feelings I felt right now? I've never felt this way about anybody, let alone a boy. These thoughts raced through my head before Kokichi suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts.

 "Hello~ earth to Shuichi," he whined.

 "A-Ah sorry, I said I wanted to spend time with you," I blushed.

 "Awwww~ does Shuichi love me~" he teased, I only blushed more.

 "S-Shut up," I mumbled."

 "I got an idea! Tonight on top the hill in the park there is going to be a firework show, we should totally go watch! It could be like a date, you and me," he teased.

 "W-Wait a date?" I blushed.

 "Yeah!" he smiled.

 "T-That sounds nice, actually," I smiled, blushing even more.

 "Great! What should we do until then?" he asked, grabbing my hands.

 "Anything w-with you is fine."

 "Then lets go eat breakfast, I'm starving!" he whined, dragging out the starving.

 We walked out of the dorm and made our way to the front doors, I realized we were still wearing pajamas. I shrugged the fact off and continued walking down the street with Kokichi, walking to a near by diner. On the way we spotted Kaito and Maki, they were talking in front of a cafe.